Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FA Stick Pro - MLAT not working with --gain -10

That's an interesting one.
    Assuming you can't slightly increase the separation between the cables or re-route one of them the only thing I can suggest is, after checking what cable types are in use, try to find some better quality low loss cable with improved screening.

Passenger
    The moment i was realizing was crazy. Turning on the TV reduces the messages/sec within seconds.
    I will try to seperate them but the tube is already filled with five cables now.
    I don't know if ist allowed, but i use this antenna + cable: https://shop.jetvision.de/epages/648...oducts%2F67121
    A new cable would be the best solution. Thank's for your idea!

Quote Originally Posted by brez09 View Post
    I was successful solving my newest Problem and want you People outside to know. Maybe there are few who have a simalar spooky problem. As i mentioned my tracked aircrafts drops randomly from 200-300 to 20-30. The reason for was that someone in the house was using the TV. The cable of the ADSB antenna runs togehter with other cabels of the satellite antenna. There have to be strong interferences between the cables so the signal becomes too week. I don't know how to counteract. Maybe a 24 hour TV prohibition. ;-)

(1) Determine the frequency and intensity of interfering TV signal by method described here:

Do I need a Filter? - Find RF Signals In Area

(2) Add a Filter DIRECTLY to the FA Pro Stick to reduce interfering TV Signal.

Antenna >> Cable >> FILTER >> FA Pro Stick.

This image shows how I have done it.

Filter + Pro Stick.jpg
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-09-10 at 15:08.

The cable supplied with the Jetvision antenna appears to be of reasonable quality so I'm not sure changing it would help.
    http://www.bieffecavi.com/pdf/CO100AFeng

The dish LNB will be supplying a wide band of frequencies back to the satellite receiver and there may be a transponder producing high signal levels right across the 1090MHz band.
    I suppose it's also possible the satellite cable is a bit leaky.

Is the Jetvision aerial mounted close to the dish or to the LNB cable?
    Last edited by jackthom; 2018-09-10 at 15:37.

Passenger
    The Jetvision Aerial is mounted behind the satellite dish. All cables then go through a tube. Maybe changing the other cabels is easier because they are older. I never thought there could be such dependencies.
    I will try the method of analysing interfering tv signals on the Weekend.
    Thanks for you helpful tips! :-)

Instead of straight away disturbing your cables, better first try an easier solution: Add a filter just before the dongle. If that fails to solve your issue, then go for relocating cables.