Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feed different account

Folks,

I am a new feeder to FlightRadar24 but have been feeding FlightAware for over a year now running a Raspberry Pi.

I recently added your feed to my existing FlightAware set up and all is working fine, my online account changed from basic to business.

I may be moving this R-Pi setup to a different location and would prefer it be associated with the other person's FR24 account rather than mine. Do I need to run the script again when set up in different location or is there an alteration I can make in some config file?

Geffers

METHOD #1

1.1- Start signup process
    Code:
    sudo fr24feed --signup
    1.2 - Enter new email address, new fr24 key, and new latitude + longitude

1.3 - After completion of signup process, re-start fr24feed
    Code:
    sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

METHOD #2

2.1 - Open file fr24feed.ini for editing
    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini
    2.2 - Above command will display text as shown below.
    Change value of fr24key (shown below as xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), to the new value

Code:
    receiver="avr-tcp"
    fr24key="[COLOR="#FF0000"]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/COLOR]"
    host="127.0.0.1:30002"
    bs="no"
    raw="no"
    logmode="1"
    logpath="/var/log/fr24feed"
    mlat="yes"
    mlat-without-gps="yes"
    2.3 - Save (Ctrl+o) and Close (Ctrl+x) the file

2.4 - Restart fr24feed
    Code:
    sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
    2.5 - Go to your FR24 stats page (new one), click eye symbol, and set latitude and longitude
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-08-15, 16:38.

Comment

Ah, we meet here.

It was your instructions on the FA forum I followed, excellent.

The other person has not previously fed FR24 so has no key, she does have a FR24 web page account and that was the account I was referring to.

I'm guessing it gets done automatically with local IP address so may have to wait until I visit.

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Geffers View Post
        The other person has not previously fed FR24 so has no key, she does have a FR24 web page account and that was the account I was referring to.

I'm guessing it gets done automatically with local IP address so may have to wait until I visit.

Geoff

It has nothing to do with IP address.

The new feeder key is issued based on email address only. The new feeder's station number is issued according to the nearest airport, which is determined based on latitude and longitude of the new station

Enter your friends email address during "sudo fr24feed --signup", and leave the key info blank, just press enter to proceed further. Enter your friend's latitude, longitude when asked for. On completion of signup process, a new key and station number is assigned by FR24 system. This fr24 key is saved automatically in file /etc/fr24feed.ini, as well as sent to email address which was used for signup (i.e. your friend's email address).

Make sure you use your friend's Email Address, and your friend's Latitude and Longitude during --signup.

To test this I just now deleted fr24key from file /etc/fr24feed.ini, then gave command "sudo fr24feed --signup", then used my other email addresss (which does not have any fr24 key assigned to it) and I got a new station number and a new key in file fr24feed.ini.

here is the output at the end of signup process using a email address other than the one to which my stations are registered:

Using latitude: 43.xxxxx, longitude: -79.xxxx, altitude: zzz ft above sea level

Validating email/location information...OK

The closest airport found is ICAO:CYYZ IATA:YYZ near Toronto.

Latitude: 43.677219
        Longitude: -79.630501

Flightradar24 may, if needed, use your email address to contact you regarding your data feed.

Would you like to continue using these settings?

Enter your choice (yes/no)$:yes

After entering other configuration details, final output:
        Submitting form data...OK

Congratulations! You are now registered and ready to share ADS-B data with Flightradar24.
        + Your sharing key (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) has been configured and emailed to you for backup purposes.
        + Your radar id is T-CYYZnn, please include it in all email communication with us.
        + Please make sure to start sharing data within one month from now as otherwise your ID/KEY will be deleted.

Thank you for supporting Flightradar24! We hope that you will enjoy our Premium services that will be available to you when you become an active feeder.

To start sending data now please execute:
        sudo systemctl start fr24feed

Saving settings to /etc/fr24feed.ini...OK
        Last edited by abcd567; 2018-08-15, 23:21.

Comment

Working...
        X