Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower feeding rate after new install

Hi

I recently installed a new Raspberry PI 3B+ and the same dongle (dongle = after my last thread after i bought the wrong one)

My feed is working fine, but it seems to be way way lower on hits and positions than the last Pi

I was going to put the old one back into prove the data, but does anyone know of any issues with the new dump or fr24 that i have seen?

Feed data on the old one was about 250-300 hits --- new one is about 150

Cheers
    Last edited by neebong; 2018-08-08, 04:57. Reason: added hits

I'm seeing a pattern here. Albeit the other way around

After replacing a Pi 3 B for feeding to FR24 by a Pi Zero W (location, antenna, FA pro stick, cables, homenet, internetconnection etc. everything unchanged) unfortunately my statistics concerning aircraft seen, max. distance, positions reported etc. went down significantly! Does someone here has an explanation for this or

I'm not convinced the expectation that one device should perform the same as the other between hardware platforms and the PCB redesigns with the same receiving hardware is remaining valid.

Try some of the tweaks there to adjust gain and dongle offset (which I think can also be effected by serial HW)
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks Oblivian

I'll try tweaking the settings tonight when i get home from work....

Cheers

Comment

Im assuming that after looking at that link, i would have to wait till aircraft are overhead, or that test would be useless?

Cheers

Comment

Hi
          Is there any way of seeing what the gain value actually is at the moment?

Im running the rtl-power to create the heatmap, its showing 29.70

But is that the value that the fr24feed + dump defaults to.?

Cheers
          Last edited by neebong; 2018-08-14, 18:19. Reason: add rtl-power

Comment

Here is the png for the rtl-power scan.

Doesnt look like anything in the 1090 range, and in the 30 mins, there have been a few aircraft overhead

And, since im running defaults, the gain is set to 49.6 in the dump config..

Any ideas

scan.jpg
            Last edited by neebong; 2018-08-14, 19:00. Reason: added gain

Comment

Working...
            X