Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem fetching data from dump1090

Hello to everyone!

I've made my own Pi24 box and it was working fine for more than a month now!
    The system is based on a Raspberry Pi B 3+, an RTL-SDR v3 dongle and a FlightAware filter together with the antenna.
    I haven't changed anything but since this morning I am getting this message:

"Problem fetching data from dump1090.
    The data from dump1090 hasn't been updated in a while. Maybe dump1090 is no longer running?
    The displayed map data will be out of date"

Where is the problem? Any help?

Any help at all?

The screen look like that:

Comment

Software auto updates and can over-write files

Especially if you ever pick DVBT for fr24 source and later reboot for it to take effect. It will mess up all the feeders and dump1090

. Last update: March 08, 2022 NOTE: (1) Do NOT install the dump1090-mutability on Pi24 img and Piaware img. Both these images already have their integral dump1090. (2) TO HAVE A TROUBLE FREE INSTALLATION, IT IS REQUIRED TO MAKE A FRESH INSTALL, AS SHOWN BELOW: (a) Format microSD Card (b) Write Raspbian Image. (c) Install

Theres far too many causes to help without some local testing further.

Overritten dump1090 (fr24 dvbt setting)
      updating feed SW
      updating FA software
      updating RTLSDR package

You name it. You need to check all the open/closed ports. Feed/dump1090 statuses and in/out data port settings locally first to narrow it down.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Is it posible to totaly delete the full instalation and instal it again?

Previously I've instaled the software by just using sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)" on a clean Raspbian Stretch Lite image

Comment

Test if your RTL-SDR v3 dongle is working ok

Is My DVB-T RTL SDR Dongle Healthy?
          USE OPTION-2: DVB-T Plugged into RPi

If RTL-SDR v3 dongle is NOT working ok:
          (1) unplug and re-plug the RTL-SDR v3 dongle.
          (2) If you are using a USB extender cable between Pi and RTL-SDR v3 dongle, remove it and plugin dongle directly in the Pi
          (3) Change your 5V DC power supply. The dongle fails if power supply goes bad.

Comment

When I type rtl_test -t it returns No supported devices found.

It seems that my RTL-SDR dongle is broken somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by john_kedros View Post
              When I type rtl_test -t it returns No supported devices found.

It seems that my RTL-SDR dongle is broken somehow...
              1) Un-plug the dongle from Pi, then re-plug it firmly, then reboot Pi.

2) If your dongle is connected to Pi using a USB cable, remove cable and plug the dongle directly into the Pi.

3) Try another 5V DC adapter.
              Last edited by abcd567; 2018-08-08, 16:26.

Comment

It was a cold soldering joint inside the RTL-SDR v3 dongle!

Everything is working fine now... but I was expecting better quality control from RTL-SDR!

Comment

Working...
                X