Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majo View Post
    Configuration was mostly automatic.
    After installing Raspbian (PI24-image did not work on my Pi Zero) and deactivation of IPv6 I used "sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)".
    One abnormalty during installation was a message roughly like "There was no dump1090 found but after first start of fr24feed it will be installed automatically".
    That'd be it. If you follow the raw install but intend to run Dump1090 for other apps. It changes to Run-on-demand unless you do DUmp1090 install beforehand. The offshoot is it breaks anyone else who had dump1090 already if you don't chose network data source

Thats why we say NEVER select 'DVBT' unless FR24 is the only feeder intended.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks Oblivian,
      that motivates me to do a new manual installation.
      I hope this one is still working: https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...-15-dev-on-RPi

Comment

First check which version of dump1090 is installed
        Code:
        apt-cache policy dump1090-mutability
        If the output of above command says "installed ver 1.14", then it is the dump1090 installed by fr24 feeder. In this case the easiest way to set / change gain is to do it in the settings page in your browser at following address (IP-OF-PI is something like 192.168.0.21)

IP-OF-PI:8754/settings.html

In the settings page, in field "Process arguments", add "--gain xx" (where xx is desired value of gain). Then click Save, then restart buttons. Both buttons are at bottom-right of settings page. Please see screenshot below which shows how & where to add gain.

fr24feed_setting_using_integral_dump1090-mutability_v1.14.png
        Last edited by abcd567; 2018-08-09, 09:46.

Comment

Thanks Oblivian,
          that motivates me to do a new manual installation.
          I hope this one is still working: https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...-15-dev-on-RPi
          Yes, this one is still valid and working.

Since current version of Raspbian is Stretch, you will be required to do the workaround for missing rtl-sdr rules, as given in post #75 of that thread:

. Last update: March 08, 2022 NOTE: (1) Do NOT install the dump1090-mutability on Pi24 img and Piaware img. Both these images already have their integral dump1090. (2) TO HAVE A TROUBLE FREE INSTALLATION, IT IS REQUIRED TO MAKE A FRESH INSTALL, AS SHOWN BELOW: (a) Format microSD Card (b) Write Raspbian Image. (c) Install
          Last edited by abcd567; 2018-08-09, 09:57.

Comment

Pi Zero W is online again and feeding. While testing different gainsettings my meantime findings are:
            Just replacing a Pi3B with a Pi Zero W is not trouble-free.
            Pi24 image is obviously not yet compatible to Pi Zero W.
            Bash installation script first installs fr24 feeder and then dump1090 which leads into problems.
            A necessary micro-usb to usb adapter to connect the Pi Zero with the dvbt-stick might result into power problems.

Letīs see what is next...

Comment

Bash installation script first installs fr24 feeder and then dump1090 which leads into problems.
              This problem occours only in following 2 methods of installation

(1) You installed fr24 feeder without first installing dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev (or dump1090-fa). When fr24feed senses that no version of dump1090 is installed, it installs dump1090-mutability ver 1.14. This should work ok as long as you do not try to install dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev (or dump1090-fa) over the demp1090-mutability ver 1.14.

(2) You did install dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev (or dump1090-fa) before installing fr24feed, but chose "Receiver = DVBT" during configuration of fr24feed. Choosing "Receiver = DVBT" triggers fr24feed to install dump1090-mutability ver 1.14 over version 1.15~dev, and this results in a mess.
              Last edited by abcd567; 2018-08-09, 22:39.

Comment

Short update to my topic:

Pi Zero W is currently connected via this y-cable to FlightAware pro plus stick and external usb power.
                y_cable.jpg

Now I get almost the same feeding statistics as with my Pi3B.
                The sudden drop of data after the Pi swap was obviously power related. The first adapter I used, in order to connect the Pi Zero with its micro usb to the usb type A stick,
                was without external usb power connection and probably of low quality.

I ordered the following adapters hoping to get a high quality connection to make the extra external usb power unnecessary.

adapter2.JPGadapter3.JPGadapter4.JPGadapter5.JPG

Comment

Working...
                X