Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADSB Dongle Options

Hi All

Firstly I must apologize as I'm sure this is a common question but the sheer number of threads is rather overwhelming.

I'm based in South Africa and would like to setup a Raspberry Pi on Flight24. Getting a Pi is the easy part in obtaining hardware but I'm not 100% sure what receiver would work.

I can't post links as I'm a new user but hopefully the below will suffice. I'm trying to find something locally as ordering from overseas tends to take quite a while. I have also applied for a receiver from Flight24 but they said there is enough infrastructure setup already, so this is purely a hobby for me.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide

Option1.jpgOption2.JPG

The 2nd is a much better choice.
    The first doesn't tell you enough about the insides to be sure. But shape of image is right

SDR requires 2 specific requirements

Realtek chip - this is where the RTL in RTLSDR is from. RTL2832
    Tuner chip of correct frequency range (820Tx or E4000) https://osmocom.org/projects/rtl-sdr/wiki/Rtl-sdr
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info, looking forward to this project

Comment

I got mine for 12.99€ in amazon Spain. model is Andoer mini usb 2.0 TV stick. Product reference is MIB6226739193968OV

Comment

Working...
        X