Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to track our ADS-B equipped LearJet by callsign

Hello,

I have searched but have not found anything related to difficulty tracking "Dot Com" callsigns, otherwise shown as DCM####

I fly a Lear 45 under the callsign DCM6491. The tail number of the aircraft is N979DR, and it is ADS-B equipped. The aircraft is in the FR24 database, complete with the correct Hex code.

Users of "dot com" callsigns have the ability to use two different "dot com" callsigns - one is trackable, the other is not. We are using the trackable one, and tracked it for years using flightaware until flightaware changed their site to not track ANY DCM call signs.

I know that FR24 is able to track DCM callsigns, as hundreds of other aircraft using DCM callsigns are appearing consistently.

Over the last month, our plane has shown up on FR24 exactly once, and then shortly after the flight, it disappeared from the history view. Our office is asking me to come up with a solution and I'm not sure where to start.

Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks in Advance,

Sean Reilly
    N979DR / DCM6491

98% of bizjets are classified by their type only. And BARR/ASDI known ones 'blocked'

Explicit requests will need to be made to FR24 via email to change this
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I’m not sure what you mean.

There are hundreds of other DCM#### GA aircraft that pull up just fine on FR24. I’m not understanding why ours would be any different. I don’t know what BARR/ADSI is, but our call sign is not blocked, nor is our tail number.

I sent an email a week or two ago, I’ll guess try that again.

Comment

Why are you using "Dot Com" callsigns? Why not use the aircraft reg as many operators do?
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
          Why are you using "Dot Com" callsigns? Why not use the aircraft reg as many operators do?
          Privacy. Using the DCM call sign allows us to provide a trackable flight number to those we want to follow us.

DCM is not the issue, there are plenty of DCM callsigns that are trackable on FR24

Comment

Thanks.

Maybe ask whoever is administering these "Dot Com" flight numbers why you aren't featuring on FlightAware or FR24.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

FAA Barr and asdi are 2 blocked lists.

Fr24 not only follow those (show as BLOCKED or totally hidden) without even a type, but seem to do their own 'i think it's a bizjet so we show the type only' list

Now there is also the 3rd party DCM system that can turn. On/off st eill it adds another difficulty to this already screwy table database I suspect

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Greyout View Post
                Privacy. Using the DCM call sign allows us to provide a trackable flight number to those we want to follow us.

DCM is not the issue, there are plenty of DCM callsigns that are trackable on FR24
                The ironic part of your post is that you are complaining about the plane not being visible on FR but then in your next breath are saying that you have to use DCM for privacy. You can't have it both ways. Either you want your plane to be tracked for the world to see, or you don't. You can't change them day to day to suit yourself. If the plane is unblocked here then it will be publicly trackable for the entire world to follow irrespective of whether you use your "special" DCM callsign or not as FR does differentiate between them.

You also seem to be unaware of the fact that they are countless other plane tracking sites that do not have any blocking features on them at all. If I felt so inclined I could tell you every flight that your plane has made over the past 12 months complete with departure and arrival times and origins and destinations simply by running a query on your transponder code. For example on July 1 I can see you flew Hanscom AFB to Sanford Regional to Omaha and onto Montrose where you stayed until July 8 then flew down to Austin, etc etc. I can see all the details of your flights on 12th, 15th and 17th as well.

You're worrying about nothing. Just fly with your tail number as callsign. Anyone that cares enough to want to track you can do so easily enough, DCM callsign or no DCM callsign.

Comment

Information about blocking and unblocking us available at https://www.flightradar24.com/busine...aft-unblocking

Comment

Working...
                  X