Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie needs help to increase range

Super Moderator
    I've had to manually take time to approve posts again due to use of @s

Vbulletin does NOT use @s to tag like Twitter and other software platforms.

New users using it are considered spamming an email. I again implore people to use quote function and not @.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Quote Originally Posted by ylis View Post
    Whilst some readers might be stunned by abcd567's complex/technical installation, I'm more concerned about his diet of cookies and coke ...........
    Thanks for your concern... in spite of eating lot of cookies and drinking lot of coke, my weight, sugar, and chalestrol are normal..

Passenger
    After not much improvement after changing from the dvbt clipped antenna to a home made spider antenna, I found a massive improvement in performance (a 30% boost) after moving the spider antenna just half a meter higher (a couple of feet).

Quote Originally Posted by goku1976 View Post
    After not much improvement after changing from the dvbt clipped antenna to a home made spider antenna, I found a massive improvement in performance (a 30% boost) after moving the spider antenna just half a meter higher (a couple of feet).
    (1) For any antenna, increase in height makes a big difference if there are surrounding tall objects like buildings or trees.

(2) For DVB-T stock whip, the magnetic base provides a very small and insufficient ground plane. You have to place it over a metallic plate such as cookie can or a food can to provide it a good ground plane. You will notice substantial improvement when you add a ground plane. The downward radial wires of Spider provide a good ground plane, and it does not need a can or metallic plate.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    (1) For any antenna, increase in height makes a big difference if there are surrounding tall objects like buildings or trees.

(2) For DVB-T stock whip, the magnetic base provides a very small and insufficient ground plane. You have to place it over a metallic plate such as cookie can or a food can to provide it a good ground plane. You will notice substantial improvement when you add a ground plane. The downward radial wires of Spider provide a good ground plane, and it does not need a can or metallic plate.
    Thanks. I had always wandered what the downward radial wires where actually for.