Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner: feed both FR24 und FA with Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, FlightAware Pro Stick+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mibock View Post
    @Oblivian: I don't understand your answer. I hope it was not kind of rolling your eyes, because as a beginner it creates frustration.
    I was rolling my eyes in a way yes, at similar experienced frustration of needing to spend time checking for and approving posts to be shown due to use of @s within vbulletin.

To quote the new user introduction https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...-ask-questions!
    New users attempting to post links, common script/web code (FR24 logs included), or other key characters may find their posts automatically moderated and will not show until approved. Do NOT post-boost to avoid, Most links can be broken down to fix this, or separately request approval.
    Unfortunately I cop abuse (or further blocked messages of) from users for posts not being approved/showing in a timely fashion and noone else actually logs into the moderator panel to check for such things..

Bear in mind the additional tasks needed when new users still under watch from the forum software forget the quote function in favour of trying tag people using @s like a social media platform, they are auto blocked as spam/email address since this is vbulletin. Of which I have had to do for nearly all the posts thus far and delete the duplicate following attempts.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

But to answer.

ABCD567 has done a lot of antenna testing for such issues.

Threads can be found in the hardware section. And a base reflector may assist, or there may be too much signal close and overloading, or obstacles.

A Simple Experiment to Demonstrate How Ground Plane Radials Affect the Performance of An Antenna A 1/4 Wavelength Monopole Whip was tested under following conditions: (1) Only Whip, no ground plane radials. (2) Whip with horizontal ground plane radials. (3) Whip with 45 degrees slanting ground plane radials. The

hi everyone my Q is could someone tell me which is the best antenna i can have for a alinco dj-x3 receiver i will be putting it on my house chimney.I am only listening for air traffic and were planes are going to and fro. so can someone help please ;)

How To Test If Your DVB-T RTL SDR Dongle Is Healthy Following two options are described below: OPTION-1: Dongle plugged into Raspberry Pi. OPTION-2: Dongle plugged into Windows Computer. . OPTION-1: Dongle plugged into Raspberry Pi. STEP-1: Install the test tools package rtl-sdr sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I have working PiAware feeder (Pi 3 b+) but when I install FR24 i get an error after Step 3.C:

Step 3.C - Enter antenna's altitude above the sea level (in feet)
        $:16

Using latitude: 29.7875, longitude: -95.4735, altitude: 16ft above sea level

Validating email/location information...[e]Could not connect to feed.flightradar24.com, errno: 101
        Got no response or empty response from the server

Any ideas?

feeds are working to FlightAware and PlaneFinder.

Comment

Turn off ipv6.

Code:

sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1

then re run fed set up

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            I was rolling my eyes in a way yes, at similar experienced frustration of needing to spend time checking for and approving posts to be shown due to use of @s within vbulletin.

To quote the new user introduction https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...-ask-questions!

Unfortunately I cop abuse (or further blocked messages of) from users for posts not being approved/showing in a timely fashion and noone else actually logs into the moderator panel to check for such things..

Bear in mind the additional tasks needed when new users still under watch from the forum software forget the quote function in favour of trying tag people using @s like a social media platform, they are auto blocked as spam/email address since this is vbulletin. Of which I have had to do for nearly all the posts thus far and delete the duplicate following attempts.
            Sorry for the extra-work others and I do to you. I come from the fido-, bbs-, forum-times, but I did not or seldom use such forums for a very very very long time. I forgot that this forums often base on a very old code where you can not write any content you want. Normally the read-first-texts are all the same "be nice to others, search first for your problem and post later - stuff". That I need that also maybe to code or not code something in my message, I forgot. Sorry again. (I hope you understand my non-motherlanguage-english,My wife would roll her eyes too ;-) ).

Comment

Another good link with some apps to test for interference..

The space around ADS-B antenna contain not only 1090 MHz signals, but also lot of other signals at different frequencies. The closer the frequency of a signal to 1090 MHz, your ADS-B antenna picks it stronger. For example if there are three signals of equal strength, one at 144 MHz, 2nd at 850 MHz and 3rd at 950 MHz, the ADS-B

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wkeeling View Post
                I have working PiAware feeder (Pi 3 b+) but when I install FR24 i get an error after Step 3.C:

Step 3.C - Enter antenna's altitude above the sea level (in feet)
                $:16

Using latitude: 29.7875, longitude: -95.4735, altitude: 16ft above sea level

Validating email/location information...[e]Could not connect to feed.flightradar24.com, errno: 101
                Got no response or empty response from the server

Any ideas?

feeds are working to FlightAware and PlaneFinder.
                Thanks that was it

Comment

Thanks everyone! After some initial hiccups, I managed due to posts in this thread and posts by user abcd567 to run dump1090-fa with fr24feed beside flightaware, using the FA SDR USB stick. Now feeding to both, sharing is caring!

userATraspi:~ $ fr24feed-status
                  [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                  [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2018-08-05 07:13:33.
                  [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                  [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-XXXXXX.
                  [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 14.
                  [ ok ] Receiver: connected (189081 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                  [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                  [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 14.

userATraspi:~ $ sudo piaware-status
                  PiAware master process (piaware) is running with pid 1234
                  PiAware ADS-B client (faup1090) is running with pid 1234
                  PiAware mlat client (fa-mlat-client) is running with pid 1234
                  Local ADS-B receiver (dump1090-fa) is running with pid 1234

dump1090-fa (pid 1234) is listening for connections on port 30005.
                  faup1090 is connected to the ADS-B receiver.
                  piaware is connected to FlightAware.

dump1090 is producing data on localhost:30005.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X