This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login problem

I'm being told that my Email/password is incorrect.They're not! Ive used them since day 1.Cant log in to Silver account.

Originally posted by jedthebass View Post
    I'm being told that my Email/password is incorrect.They're not! Ive used them since day 1.Cant log in to Silver account.
    You may be one of the ones that have had their password reset, you should have had an email about it, if you had your account before a certain date (I think it was 2016) then due to a data hack FR24 have reset you password, you need to follow the forgotten password link to create a new one.
    Check your spam folder as that is where my email notification was!!!
    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Nothing in my inbox,nothing in spam.Tried the 'forgotten password' procedure and did not receive the confirmation email.

Edit: Tried again and still have not received a verification email.
      Last edited by jedthebass; 2018-06-18, 18:31.

Comment

It appears to have affected those who were registered before the 16th March 2016,
        From their email:
        “We do not store passwords in plain text on our servers. Instead we convert them into scrambled strings of characters (hashes) that are designed to be impossible to convert back. However, as a general precaution and because the hashing algorithm used in this retired part of our system no longer is considered sufficiently secure, we have decided to reset the passwords of all potentially affected users.”

And

“You can also visit flightradar24.com and use the password reset function at any time.”

“If you have any questions, I encourage you to contact us at support@fr24.com.”

I cannot post the whole email as it contains personal information, I suggest you contact support, also are you still using the same email address that you used to sign up with ? If not then they will not have any way to get in touch with you.
        FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

I've been using the same email address for nigh on 15 years.I took the Silver subscription out in 2012 and never have had a problem.Ill try contacting support on the email address you supplied.Thanx for your input.

Comment

Oddly I got the same email but my account password hasn't been reset

Comment

Well isn't that strange.The e-mail regarding the security breach has mysteriously appeared in my inbox this morning.Clicked the link,password changed.All is well.

Comment

The admins said the database leak was only "a small subset of Flightradar24 users" but I would like to how many users that exactly is.

x,xxx ?
                xx, xxx ?
                xxx,xxxx ?
                x,xxx,xxxx ?

Comment

If you're still an active member and reading this, and use the same password In a number of locations. Or a fairly simple password. You might want to visit haveibeenpwned and check your email. And Change password if it is simple or in the latest 26billion (you read that right) passwords and emails leaked. ​​​&
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                  X