No announcement yet.

Problems with feeder statistics and data sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So in a way it becomes a meaningless statistic since the range in most of a feeder's sectors may be terrain or obstruction limited, consequently accounting for a very small percentage of a feeders total tracks, while another direction or two could account for the vast majority of their tracks with exceptional results. Remember, for every town that name ends with the word "Hills" you have to have gullies. Otherwise how would you notice the hills?

Comment

• Personally I'd prefer it if I could download a detailed report of my stats each month, this would enable me long term to asses the efficiency of the system, and know whether it is suffering any deterioration (as the antenna is outside) - If I could dump or add it to an office spreadsheet that would be perfect. I need to know whether adjustments I make and Antennas I design are an improvement. - Anybody listening?

Comment

• mem0tap
        Go to the ADS-B Receiver Project at www(dot)adsbreceiver(dot)net (I'm one post shy of being able to post links here ) They have exactly what you're looking for. It's still a work in progress but it's going to be great. I'm still having a little trouble getting it to work with my FR24 but it is also a stand alone dump1090 receiver that I've set up on another Pi for antenna testing and tweeking. The graphs and history it maintains are as near to perfect as you'll find.

Comment

• mem0tap:

The proposal of John_R is good one, but requires to replace your current install by a new image from www.adsbreceiver.net .

If you want to retain your current install, and ADD to it stats functionality, try the method given in thread below. It will offer you options to install dump1090-mutability/dump1090-fa, data feeders etc. Say No to all options presented till you the option to install "Web Portal" is presented. Accept it. Say NO to "Advanced Options". This will install performance graphs you need.

Automated Installation of Dump1090-Mutability, Data Feeders, and Performance Graphs

Comment

• Originally posted by John_R View Post
            mem0tap
            Go to the ADS-B Receiver Project at www(dot)adsbreceiver(dot)net (I'm one post shy of being able to post links here ) They have exactly what you're looking for. It's still a work in progress but it's going to be great. I'm still having a little trouble getting it to work with my FR24 but it is also a stand alone dump1090 receiver that I've set up on another Pi for antenna testing and tweeking. The graphs and history it maintains are as near to perfect as you'll find.
            Thanks, I'll have a look but would prefer FR24 to implement it. Also thanks to @abcd567 - will also investigate.
            Last edited by mem0tap; 2018-07-22, 17:19.

Comment

• Thanks abcd567! I'll be giving that a look. The automated full install acted a little glitchy when I played with it on back up pi. Time to start reading!

Comment

• Any news on when the issues will be fixed with fr24feeder? I've tried all the methods here and reinstalled the feeder a few times, no luck. I'm getting uptime, just no aircraft. Local page still says "Disconnected ()"

Comment

• Originally posted by tzq33tdq View Post
                  Any news on when the issues will be fixed with fr24feeder? I've tried all the methods here and reinstalled the feeder a few times, no luck. I'm getting uptime, just no aircraft. Local page still says "Disconnected ()"
                  Fixed??? There is no chance. The developers do not have a clue despite being told what they are, both at the server and client ends.

At the client end, the problem with IPv6, can be fixed by wrapping the connection attempt in a loop which goes through all returned DNS replies. That way, they try both IPv6 & IPv4 addresses.

At the server end, a simple fix would be to disable IPv6 in the DNS. A proper fix would be to code IPv6 handlers.

3 possible fixes, and nothing happens.

Comment

• Hello Khan,

whilst I understand that the feeder has issues with IPv6, I do not see the need to completely render IPv6 useless on the PI.

To get both you simply need to ensure that the IPv4 address comes first when resolving the feed-server.
                    Which can be done by a simple line into
                    Code:
                    /etc/hosts
                    like this:
                    Code:
                    104.20.0.101 feed.flightradar24.com feed.flightradar24.com.cdn.cloudflare.net
                    The "script" to do this could look like this:
                    Code:
                    sudo -s
                    grep -q -F '104.20.0.101 feed.flightradar24.com feed.flightradar24.com.cdn.cloudflare.net' /etc/hosts || echo '104.20.0.101 feed.flightradar24.com feed.flightradar24.com.cdn.cloudflare.net' >> /etc/hosts
                    exit

Have Fun

Comment

• Another easy way to give IPv4 preference over IPv6. I am using it successfully on my 3 Pis

Originally posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
                      Another good workaround for IPv6 problems is to:

In the file /etc/gai.conf find the following line:

#precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100

Uncomment this line so it looks like:

precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100

Your Pi will now prefer IPv4 over IPv6 without disabling IPv6.
                      I've done this and the feeder now happily connects over IPv4, system updates run smoother as well, and I still have IPv6 available.

If you have previously disabled IPv6 then you need to re-enable it for this solution to work properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                        Another easy way to give IPv4 preference over IPv6. I am using it successfully on my 3 Pis
                        I agreed with abcd567. This is the easiest way to solve the IPv6 issue on FR24.

Comment

Working...
                        X