Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Problems with feeder statistics and data sharing

Passenger
    Thanks abcd567! I'll be giving that a look. The automated full install acted a little glitchy when I played with it on back up pi. Time to start reading!

Passenger
    Any news on when the issues will be fixed with fr24feeder? I've tried all the methods here and reinstalled the feeder a few times, no luck. I'm getting uptime, just no aircraft. Local page still says "Disconnected ()"

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by tzq33tdq View Post
    Any news on when the issues will be fixed with fr24feeder? I've tried all the methods here and reinstalled the feeder a few times, no luck. I'm getting uptime, just no aircraft. Local page still says "Disconnected ()"
    Fixed??? There is no chance. The developers do not have a clue despite being told what they are, both at the server and client ends.

At the client end, the problem with IPv6, can be fixed by wrapping the connection attempt in a loop which goes through all returned DNS replies. That way, they try both IPv6 & IPv4 addresses.

At the server end, a simple fix would be to disable IPv6 in the DNS. A proper fix would be to code IPv6 handlers.

3 possible fixes, and nothing happens.

Passenger
    Hello Khan,

whilst I understand that the feeder has issues with IPv6, I do not see the need to completely render IPv6 useless on the PI.

To get both you simply need to ensure that the IPv4 address comes first when resolving the feed-server.
    Which can be done by a simple line into
    Code:
    /etc/hosts
    like this:
    Code:
    104.20.0.101 feed.flightradar24.com feed.flightradar24.com.cdn.cloudflare.net
    The "script" to do this could look like this:
    Code:
    sudo -s
    grep -q -F '104.20.0.101 feed.flightradar24.com feed.flightradar24.com.cdn.cloudflare.net' /etc/hosts || echo '104.20.0.101 feed.flightradar24.com feed.flightradar24.com.cdn.cloudflare.net' >> /etc/hosts
    exit

Have Fun

Another easy way to give IPv4 preference over IPv6. I am using it successfully on my 3 Pis

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
    Another good workaround for IPv6 problems is to:

In the file /etc/gai.conf find the following line:

#precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100

Uncomment this line so it looks like:

precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100

Your Pi will now prefer IPv4 over IPv6 without disabling IPv6.
    I've done this and the feeder now happily connects over IPv4, system updates run smoother as well, and I still have IPv6 available.

If you have previously disabled IPv6 then you need to re-enable it for this solution to work properly.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    Another easy way to give IPv4 preference over IPv6. I am using it successfully on my 3 Pis
    I agreed with abcd567. This is the easiest way to solve the IPv6 issue on FR24.