X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as expected, that doesn't work with ipv6 disabled:

ubuntu@syd-rssh:~$ ping6 feed.flightradar24.com
    connect: Cannot assign requested address

So I guess the question is what's wrong on the server side. I'd like to see what fr24feed is trying to post - may have to wireshark that, but don't have time at the moment. Would be good if someone from fr24 read this and helped investigate from their end.

Comment

Originally posted by balt View Post
      as expected, that doesn't work with ipv6 disabled:

ubuntu@syd-rssh:~$ ping6 feed.flightradar24.com
      connect: Cannot assign requested address

So I guess the question is what's wrong on the server side. I'd like to see what fr24feed is trying to post - may have to wireshark that, but don't have time at the moment. Would be good if someone from fr24 read this and helped investigate from their end.
      I'd try to make sure you're using the latest version of the feeder and that the config is OK.
      Otherwise, maybe email FR24 and see if they can offer a suggestion.

Good luck!

Comment

Low and behold .. check my stats out and even though i am feeding FR24 (yes i ran a feed-status) the stats site shows nothing since Monday 11 UTC... Currently at 36% uptime .. getting tired of this.

Comment

radar.jpg Oddly the stats (ringed) are all mixed up, Radar (5) should have the 228nm max range (it's atop an antenna mast way above the roof), Radar(39) should be in second place at 159 miles (directional antenna pointing at nearby airport) and Radar 40 should be 103 (experimental Antenna set up only 8ft off the ground. Average range figures also seem mixed up.

Comment

No mem0tap it has nothing to do with someone’s Toger as you referred to it, many of us use the stats page to check range, aircraft seen and etc .... I wasn’t even referring to the stats you are looking at.... good to see you removed your previous post!!

If you look closely my stats show last seen on Monday 10:00. It is now late Wednesday..

25F834F6-2C90-4A9B-8E85-5CED6B9A06CE.jpg
            Last edited by Coxy; 2018-07-11, 14:28. Reason: Addition of image

Comment

Meant in good humour, which, unfortunately is sometimes difficult to convey, hence a lighter word. Clearly the stats are still some way off in terms accuracy, one hopes the errors will 'ripple through' over the coming weeks but I see the sort of errors that suggests there is still a lot of work to be done.

Comment

Here are my stats:
                snap0000048.jpg
                I do not know if they have something to do with the statistics problem and FR24.
                Is everything with my feeder OK?
                It is provided by FR24.
                It is getting power supply and I am providing constant Internet connectivity to it.
                Can somebody give a proper answer?

Comment

My own stats page show the same red banner announcement but the graph shows an uninterrupted Daily Availability.

I suggest you contact FR24 Support who can help with your free FR24 receiver.

Maybe next time, FR24 should consider adding the month and year to any "banner" announcements. "between Thursday the 14th and Monday the 18th" can be ambiguous.
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Rosen View Post
                    Here are my stats:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9651[/ATTACH]
                    I do not know if they have something to do with the statistics problem and FR24.
                    Is everything with my feeder OK?
                    It is provided by FR24.
                    It is getting power supply and I am providing constant Internet connectivity to it.
                    Can somebody give a proper answer?
                    Hi, I have a friend who also hosts a FR24 free receiver, I know if anything goes wrong he gets an email within 2 hours asking what the problem is - it is automatic - so if you don't get an email then your system is working fine - hope that helps!

Comment

• I have been a T-feed for fr24 for 6-plus years and never had an email once. I so wish they did advise. But I am guessing they only provide the service to F-feed boxes. Am I right?

I’m getting fed up with stats too. Been connected for 420hr but shows 337 or so so rankings etc total rubbish. They should take global stats page off until they can fix it....

Comment

• Originally posted by GraemeH View Post
                        But I am guessing they only provide the service to F-feed boxes. Am I right?
                        You are right.
                        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                          You are right.
                          Which is sad when the T feeders are doing so at their own expense, and therefore could expect a little help monitoring it. It would seem we aren’t valued as much as the F-feed team.

Not sour grapes, but just expect some appreciation of our efforts supporting FR24 empire.

Comment

• Originally posted by GraemeH View Post
                            Which is sad when the T feeders are doing so at their own expense, and therefore could expect a little help monitoring it.
                            I agree and others have made similar observations. FR24 is a commercial business, enjoying sizeable profits off the back of all it's feeders, who fund electricity and Internet bandwidth, irrespective of the receiver provision.

I know what I would do.
                            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• No need to be upset about your stat at FR24 site.
                              You can built your own stats right in your Pi and watch it locally in your Desktop/Laptop browser.

1. Automated Installation of Dump1090-Mutability, Data Feeders, and Performance Graphs

2. How To Get VRS-Like Coverage Map on RPi
                              Last edited by abcd567; 2018-07-14, 03:52.

Comment

• It's true, with respect, that the support isn't the greatest and the stats aren't fantastic either, but don't forget we get $499.99 a year worth of Business subscription for feeding data for free! That pretty much covers the cost of a Pi, our time and the electricity I think...

Comment

Working...
                                X