dump1090 google maps issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dump1090 google maps issues

Hi, everyone I'm having a issue with my fr24 raspberry pi feeder when i i access the gmap.html

I get a popup
    This page can't load Google Maps correctly

i can click ok ,

however all the background images had a watermark on it displaying This is for Development purposes only.

I have made no changes to the raspberry pi , it just started displaying this,

is there a problem or do i need to changes something to fix the issue.

Thank you for your assistance in advance
    Attached Files

Google changed.

There is now a fee, or some changes to be made.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response, is there any alternate to use or suggest?

Comment

The dump1090-mutability ver 1.14 (which is installed by FR24 feeder/integral in Pi24 image) uses Google map.

The dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev uses Open Street Map (free of cost), with option to add Bing Roads by adding Bing API key (free of cost).

Comment

ok thanks again, so you would recommend to upgrade to 1.15 then

is there a procedure on how to upgrade to 1.15?
          Last edited by ddolbel; 2018-06-15, 21:26.

Comment

If you have Pi24 image, or raspbian image with dump1090-mut ver 1.14 installed (setting receiver = dvbt), upgrading is triky, and can result in a broken install.

Clean and heache-free option is a fresh install.

(1) Write Raspbian image to your microSD card (download from https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/ )

(2) After burning Radpbian image, FIRST install dump1090-mut ver 1.15.

(3) ONLY AFTER installing dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev, install FR24 feeder by bash script.

(4) In FR24 settings, DO NOT set receiver = dvbt. If you set receiver=dvbt, FR24 feeder will install its own copy of dump1090, DOWNGRADING ver 1.15~dev to v 1.14.

Here is the method:

How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

Last edited by abcd567; 2018-06-16, 02:19.

Comment

ok thanks for the info ABCD567 really appreciate your time, I think I will try the fresh approach, and see how it goes,

thanks for the link on installing dump1090

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                The dump1090-mutability ver 1.14 (which is installed by FR24 feeder/integral in Pi24 image) uses Google map.

The dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev uses Open Street Map (free of cost), with option to add Bing Roads by adding Bing API key (free of cost).
                Not 100% correct - I'm running 1.15dev with Google maps.

Having said that you just need to an API key for Google maps to work OK
                T-YSBK22

Comment

Originally posted by rodeo View Post
                  Not 100% correct - I'm running 1.15dev with Google maps.
                  This is true if you installed it over 2 years ago, or have recently built it, but used source-code older than 2 years.
                  Two years ago (in June 2016), the dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev has switched to OpenStreet map.

Originally posted by rodeo View Post
                  Having said that you just need to an API key for Google maps to work OK
                  This is correct, but many users dont like to do this.
                  Last edited by abcd567; 2018-06-25, 14:28.

Comment

Thank you to both of you for the information, I have obtained a api key from google and modified the gmap.html file however its still not working i'm still getting the development watermark...

Comment

Originally posted by ddolbel View Post
                      Thank you to both of you for the information, I have obtained a api key from google and modified the gmap.html file however its still not working i'm still getting the development watermark...
                      May be you did not add key properly in gmap.html
                      I have recently posted the method in another thread "How To Get VRS-Like Coverage Map on RPi ".
                      Here is the link to that post:

Last edited by abcd567; 2018-06-26, 06:49.

Comment

thanks i will have a read and give it a go.

Comment

ABCD567 thanks I followed the instructions on the page on modifying the gmap.html file and all working again, it turns out i was modifying the wrong gmap.html file, as there are actually two in the pi image...

Comment

ddolbel:

Glad to kow that you could make your google key work.

To avoid confusion about the location of file, I always give full path to the file, not only its name, as you have seen in my post in other thread.

Since the method of adding google key is very relevant to this thread also, I am re-posting it here also:

HOW TO ADD GOOGLE KEY TO DUMP1090 MAP?

To add Google API Key in file gmap.html of dump1090-mutability:

1. Give following command to open file gmap.html in editor nano:
                            Code:
                            sudo nano /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/gmap.html
                            2. Above command will open file gmap.html for editing. ADD script line shown in red, and in it replace YOUR_KEY_HERE by your actual Google Key.

3. Save changes (Ctrl+o) and close file (Ctrl+x).

4. Reboot Pi (not necessary but preferable).

5. Go to map page. If it gives problems, try Clear browser cache (Ctrl+Shift+Delete) and browser force reload (Ctrl+F5).

<html>
                            <head>
                            <meta charset="utf-8"/>
                            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css" />
                            <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://code.jquery.com/ui/1.10.3/themes/smoothness/jquery-ui.css" />
                            <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
                            <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.10.3/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>
                            <script type="text/javascript" src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false&libraries=geometry"></script>
                            <script type="text/javascript" src="config.js"></script>
                            <script type="text/javascript" src="planeObject.js"></script>
                            <script type="text/javascript" src="script.js"></script>
                            <script type="text/javascript" src="coolclock/excanvas.js"></script>
                            <script type="text/javascript" src="coolclock/coolclock.js"></script>
                            <script type="text/javascript" src="coolclock/moreskins.js"></script>
                            <script type="text/javascript" src="//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_KEY_HERE&libraries=geometry"></script>

<title>DUMP1090</title>
                            </head>

Comment

All good Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X