Near miss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near miss?

Is it possible to view a past map of all flights? I ask because last week I was on a flight from Montreal to Vancouver, I happened to glance out the window ahead of me and another jet liner passed at an angle in front of us. I managed to get a photo out of my window a few seconds later but it was already too far to make out what airline it was. I can see, however, that it doesn't appear to be either below or above our flight level. I'd love to be able to view the activity for that day. The photo I took shows some very prominent geographical features so I can pinpoint exactly where we were when this happened.

KL

Search the flight number and play back the date.

Standard users only get 7 days so may now be too late.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Search the flight number and play back the date.

Standard users only get 7 days so may now be too late.
      That was the first thing I did but I need to see ALL flights simultaneously, as if I'm watching the live version. Do you know if that's possible?

Comment

Playback shows all aircraft around once you pinpoint further... (show flight does not)

Hit the icon on the right side menu with the clock with circle around it once you find the approximate time it was at the location. And hit play, it does all traffic
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

That's weird, I don't have anything that looks like a clock on my map. I found the flight, I hit Play, I can only see the one plane. But I did sign up to Silver so I have plenty of time to figure it out.

Comment

Subscription doesn't matter - 7 days is available to non users (note I'm not logged in)

playbackj.png

Comment

Thanks, Oblivia, now I see how to do it. I have found out that there was 1000ft of vertical separation between the two planes. It sure didn't look like it.

UL78.jpg

Comment

view distance is a good advantage of crisp clear air. albeit Deceptive. - is why Antarctica is easy to think things are closer than they are.

You often get to see them zip past each other here given NZ is a slim path between islands. Often wonder if they get the chance to wave out the window at each other or blink a light (like the truck drivers do to say 'hi' at night)

Comment

I remember once flying in the US and hearing the roar of another plane, looking out the window and seeing another jet overhead tracking pretty much the same direction. I guess it was 1000 ft above us.

Comment

Working...
                  X