Problem getting data into ADSBscope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem getting data into ADSBscope

First post regarding data feeding so don't burn me to badly :-)

I'm new to this but have donw ome seaching through topics to try and find the answer but I'm still not getting anywhere.

I have a DVBT dongle on a Windows system that is happily tracking aircraft and uploading to FR24 via the latest version (1.0.19-15) quite happily. What I'd like is to be able to see the aircraft that I am personally tracking. I beleive that there is supposed to be a built in web page but with the --net --net-http-port 8080 arguments i only get a blank page hence trying to get ASDBscope running.

I found a thread detailing a setup but it refuses to display any aircraft. I know that the raw data output from FR24feed for a DVBT dongle should be on port 30002 and I have set this as the RAW data client on ASDBscope but nothing is coming through. I tried running RTL1090 software instead which outputs on 31001 and this works with ASDBscope but obviously i loose my FD24 data feed.

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks

Try to see built-in map of Windows fr24feed v 1.0.19-15 on:

(1) localhost/dump1090/gmap.html
    AND
    (2) 127.0.0.1/dump1090/gmap.html
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-04, 22:58.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I went back to the --net --net-http-port 8080 setting and tried looking for localhost/dump1090/gmap.html and localhost:8080/dump1090/gmap.html neither of which worked. For localhost/dump1090/gmap.html i got a 404 error file not found and for localhost:8080/dump1090/gmap.html "Error opening HTML file: No such file or directory"

BTW i am running the DVBT doingle on hy home server which ios running Server 2012 Essentials

Comment

Originally posted by Elvorfin View Post
        BTW i am running the DVBT doingle on hy home server which ios running Server 2012 Essentials
        Sorry, I misunderstood that you are using Raspberry Pi.
        The map at ip-of-computer/dump1090/gmap.html is available on Raspberry Pi through lighttpd, not on Windows version of fr24feed (no lighttpd).

I run fr24feed_win32_1.0.19-15 on my Windows 8.1 Desktop. This is how I get the map

(1) The Web Browser and fr24feed_win32_1.0.19-15 both are located on same computer:
        For example my fr24feed is running on Win 8.1 computer and I watch map on SAME Win 8.1 computer using these addresses:

127.0.0.1:8080
        OR
        localhost:8080

fr24feed_win32_1.0.19-15 - img 1.png . fr24feed_win32_1.0.19-15 - img 2.png

(2) The Web Browser and fr24feed_win32_1.0.19-15 are located on DIFFERENT computers:
        For example my fr24feed is running on Win 8.1 computer with local IP 192.168.0.10.
        I see map on ANOTHER computer (Win XP Pro) connected to same router, using this address:

192.168.0.10:8080

fr24feed_win32_1.0.19-15 - img 3.png
        Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-05, 17:57.

Comment

Thanks for the additional information. I had already tried that and all i get is some text in the top right corner "Local Time" "UTC Tim" "Reset Map" & "Settings" it's like i'm missing something from the setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvorfin View Post
            Thanks for the additional information. I had already tried that and all i get is some text in the top right corner "Local Time" "UTC Tim" "Reset Map" & "Settings" it's like i'm missing something from the setup.
            So you get a page like this
            FR24 Win Map Problem-01.png

Go to this thread for solution:

How to Solve Map Problem in Windows Feeder fr24feed_win32_1.0.19-15

Comment

For reference, I just got ADSBscope going on a DVBT under windows 19-6 and 19-15

Other-Network-Network setup

Raw-data-client
              Port:30002
              Dataformat: normal
              URL: 127.0.0.1 (mines on same PC)

CLOSE (you need to scroll down to it)

And then click the 3rd icon in the group of 3 that look like network computers (Start RAW-Client Data)
              Or other - network - RAW-Data Client Active

adsbscope.jpg

Dont forget to either enable 'Raw out' in FR24 Settings, Or add in additional commands. But not (--net in additional) both!
              Last edited by Oblivian; 2018-05-06, 22:48.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

@Oblivian
                Thumbs Clapp.jpg
                Great effort and excellent write up.

Comment

That's brilliant thanks abcd567. FR24feed map now working.

@Oblivion: I now have it working thanks to your help. I had seen somewhere else that the data format should be binary and that was what was causing the problem!

Thank you both i now have everything sorted.

Comment

Working...
                  X