Dump1090 Mutability v1.14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump1090 Mutability v1.14

I have some confusion in my FR24 settings screen I have the lat and long arguments set and when viewing Dump1090 on my local IP it has range rings and my location and distance from a/c shown.

Capture.PNG

However if I go to sudo nano /etc/default/dump1090-mutability it shows:

# If set, supplies a reference location for local position decoding.
    LAT=""
    LON=""

I actually want to change the Gain setting from max to a lower value, but if I change this in the same file I get told the file is read only ?
    I have tried adding --gain="40" to the FR24 setting screen but it refuses the changes as well.

Is there another file that FR24 uses instead ?

Sorry abcd567 I know I have been here before with similar problems

Millsey.
    T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Think FR24 runs a live config parameter or PROC_ARGS in its own launching script from setup.

And shouldn't be an = or " sign used for additional command

--gain 40
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks Oblivian,

After rebooting it accepts the settings, before rebooting still said "read only" and wouldn't change. Odd this, have encountered this before.

Cannot understand why if I split the antenna feed to the Dump1090 SDR I see 700 msgs / sec and on RTL1090 SDR I get over 2000 msg / sec and 15-20 more A/C as well ?

I thought I was overloading the Dump1090 SDR, but this is obviously not the case ? so I have removed the --gain 40 line and am I correct in assuming it will now reset to max ?
      addendum after post - (must do as --gain max totally stopped it receiving anything !!)

I have a LN4ALL pre-amp feeding them through a MiniCircuits 1090 filter at present, at the SDR end of the coax, not at the mast.

Millsey
      Last edited by milair; 2018-04-30, 11:25.
      T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

40.2 is the correct step. And can be minipulated by the front end gain too

-10 is reported as Auto/AGC

How To Test If Your DVB-T RTL SDR Dongle Is Healthy Following two options are described below: OPTION-1: Dongle plugged into Raspberry Pi. OPTION-2: Dongle plugged into Windows Computer. . OPTION-1: Dongle plugged into Raspberry Pi. STEP-1: Install the test tools package rtl-sdr sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

@Mellsey
          If you want to use Gain="max"

(1) Remove gain entry (--gain xx) from FR24 Screen (ip-of-pi:8754/settings.html) and save changes by clicking "Save" button.

(2) Set Gain="max" in file /etc/default/dump1090-mutability.

(3) Reboot Pi and check by following command:
          Code:
          sudo systemctl status dump1090-mutability -l
          Gain value in use will be displayed inside the output
          Last edited by abcd567; 2018-04-30, 21:14.

Comment

The order of precedence is like this:

(1) FR24 feeder first looks to the file /etc/fr24feed.ini (same values as displayed on FR24 Screen ip-of-pi:8754/settings.html).

If it finds a process argument entry there, it starts dump1090-mutability with those parameters.

(2) If FR24 feeder does not find a parameter in file fr24feed.ini, It starts dump1090-mutability using that parameter in file /etc/default/dump1090-mutability.

(3) If the any item of process arguments is missing in the file /etc/default/dump1090-mutability, then FR24 starts dump1090-mutability with dump1090-mutability's default value for the missing parameter.
            Last edited by abcd567; 2018-04-30, 21:43.

Comment

@abcd567

Thanks for the info on order of precedence, makes more sense now
              Still have this weird "read only" problem when trying to edit files using sudo nano, but if I reboot it allows me to edit ok. If I try again the next day it has reverted to read only.

As the feeds are working fine I'll leave well alone now methinks.

Millsey

Comment

@Millsey:

This should solve your "read only" problem for both these files
                Code:
                sudo chmod a+rwx /etc/fr24feed.ini

sudo chmod a+rwx /etc/default/dump1090-mutability

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                  @Millsey:

This should solve your "read only" problem for both these files
                  Code:
                  sudo chmod a+rwx /etc/fr24feed.ini

sudo chmod a+rwx /etc/default/dump1090-mutability
                  Cheers for that, I'll give it a go at the weekend

Comment

Working...
                  X