Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tracked flight not shown?

I just played back flight FLC71 and it shows more tracking than your screen capture. Maybe your data was being used but you lost it at a blind spot?

As Oblivian has explained, the assigned radar code doesn't always reflect the source of the data.

01.jpg
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Passenger
    The radar site is sending data, I can see it on the other page. It's just no planes or very few are selected from this site, so I was wondering if that's right. Even when they are really close and low they still don't seem to be picked up.
    Filtering shows anything from 0 (zero) to 2 planes.
    On my Pi webpage, I can see now 146 aircraft, 108 with positions.

That flight that you have looked at, continued after I took the screen shoot. Look how jagged it is, the data was tracked from 50 miles away, and was stopping and going, instead of my site that is literally under that flight.
    Last edited by SoNic67; 2018-04-25 at 20:15.

Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Look how jagged it is, the data was tracked from 50 miles away, and was stopping and going, instead of my site that is literally under that flight.
    We don't know from where it was tracked. It could have been your feed. The assigned radar code has no relevance, it's just a label that gets attached to a flight at some point and doesn't always update when the actual data is from another feed.

FR24 doesn't update flights every second and playback will always be more "jagged" than a realtime track.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

When I started feeding FR24 in 2013, exactly this issue irritated me a lot. However after a while I realized that there is no point in spoiling my mood, get irritated and increase my blood preasure for something which does not benefit or harm me in reality. It is only an irritant. Since then I stopped paying any attention to it.

I have peace of mind since then.