Tracked flight not shown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracked flight not shown?

I am confused by something. I have a Pi feeding FR24 and FA, located just a few miles from an airport. FR24 radar site is "T-KPHF9". It can literally pick up a flight from the take off, 50 feet above the runway.
    But it is not registered by FR24 on the web page as being tracked by my radar, it shows on the webpage later, as being tracked by a station located 40 miles away. It also says "position estimated".
    Example in pics below:

flight_fa.PNGflight_fr24.PNG

Any explanation for this?
    Last edited by SoNic67; 2018-04-25, 10:34.

If you are hoping to see yourself in lights - I'd give up now

There are numerous queries with the same question and people asking why they don't 'see themselves' attributed. And FR24s answer is always the same

'it's random' 'it's inaccurate' and so on.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I just don't get WHY the plane is not placed on the map by my radar station, when it had ADS-B information, but then is shown "estimated" by a station 40 miles away.
      This example is not that "many saw the same plane", I gave this example because the flight was not shown at all while at lower altitude, even if I was providing data (ADS-B, not MLAT). Not by me or by other close-up station to the airport (not sure if there is one). Instead it was "estimated".

What's the logic behind that?

PS: I can hear the planes engines when taking off, that's how I know when to look at my tracking site.
      Last edited by SoNic67; 2018-04-25, 10:43.

Comment

Only the developers and manipulators of the code that make the query for the array of the database sources have the answer.

And we don't hear a peep.

Theres also an unwritten data-validation requirement that isn't disclosed that may not be being met (timeouts, number of packets between uploads and so on)
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

See, I would accept that explanation, and try to do something about it. But I don't know if it is something that I need to "fix", or is something in their code (that I have no control over).

Comment

You are also looking at the wrong field in your screenshot.

The "Position estimated" you keep referring to is the FIR section of airspace for ATC and other layers that can be turned on/off

Comment

OK, thanks.
              Still I don't get why the position of my radar site was not shown from the take-off.

Comment

@SoNic67

Did you try seeing map showing ONLY those planes which are fed by your station. This can be done by adding a filter: Radar T-KPHF9, then going to map.

Please see attached screenshots

Screenshot_2018-04-25-11-09-27.jpg . Screenshot_2018-04-25-11-21-00.jpg

Comment

Right now I saw this flight landing on the airport next to me. ADS-B signal. In FR24, it was tracked by a radar some 50 miles away and it just stopped advancing when the altitude was low enough for that station to receive it.
                  It never picked it up from my radar.

landing.png

Also see those two pics - one is from my Pi (FA map) and the other is what I see on FR24 web:

flight_inspection.PNGflight_inspection_pi.PNG
                  Last edited by SoNic67; 2018-04-25, 18:59.

Comment

Have you checked your FR24 feed is working?

Edit. Just did a filter on T-KPHF9 and I can see aircraft.
                    Last edited by Anmer; 2018-04-25, 19:49.
                    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I just played back flight FLC71 and it shows more tracking than your screen capture. Maybe your data was being used but you lost it at a blind spot?

As Oblivian has explained, the assigned radar code doesn't always reflect the source of the data.

01.jpg
                      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

The radar site is sending data, I can see it on the other page. It's just no planes or very few are selected from this site, so I was wondering if that's right. Even when they are really close and low they still don't seem to be picked up.
                        Filtering shows anything from 0 (zero) to 2 planes.
                        On my Pi webpage, I can see now 146 aircraft, 108 with positions.

That flight that you have looked at, continued after I took the screen shoot. Look how jagged it is, the data was tracked from 50 miles away, and was stopping and going, instead of my site that is literally under that flight.
                        Last edited by SoNic67; 2018-04-25, 20:15.

Comment

Originally posted by SoNic67 View Post
                          Look how jagged it is, the data was tracked from 50 miles away, and was stopping and going, instead of my site that is literally under that flight.
                          We don't know from where it was tracked. It could have been your feed. The assigned radar code has no relevance, it's just a label that gets attached to a flight at some point and doesn't always update when the actual data is from another feed.

FR24 doesn't update flights every second and playback will always be more "jagged" than a realtime track.
                          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

When I started feeding FR24 in 2013, exactly this issue irritated me a lot. However after a while I realized that there is no point in spoiling my mood, get irritated and increase my blood preasure for something which does not benefit or harm me in reality. It is only an irritant. Since then I stopped paying any attention to it.

I have peace of mind since then.

Comment

Working...
                            X