Double view of the same plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double view of the same plane

I have seen an instance where a plane is shown twice on the live web page - once tracked from a radar site (T-F5M for example), another one from MLAT (T-MLAT2). I assumed that, when ADS-B location is avail, no MLAT position is shown. But then, the labels are slightly different (JBU5 vs JBU05). The two "planes" follow each other.
    Was this an on-time error or is systematic?

Double view.png

Double view 1.png
    Last edited by SoNic67; 2018-04-20, 12:50.

It's been mentioned before.

F5m is data from another group that also calculate mlat targets. Mlat-2 is fr24 mlat targets.

So both estimations are shown
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

On my Pi I have running both flightradar24 and flightaware clients. FA shows the map with my planes and if they are ADS-B or MLAT.
      Now, on FR24 webpace, planes that I can see on my Pi webpage that they have ADS-B reported positions, are still reported as T-MLAT2 or T-F5M.
      I wonder.. why the website doesn't use my ADS-B reported positions?

Comment

Are you certain the raw data of that transponder has GPS? Flightaware client receives mlat data back from their servers and displays on the built in maps too. (When Fr only shows calculated targets web site only)

The other option is clients sending data as the wrong type. Stripping GPS data or sending mlat as GPS enabled. The later was a big issue early on

The Alias shown on fr is generally a sample from one of the sources at the time.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by SoNic67 View Post
          FA shows the map with my planes and if they are ADS-B or MLAT.
          What are the hex codes for these aircraft that you see in your PiAware Skyview but not showing on FR24?
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I can't find one today, I should have taken a pic last night...

Comment

Working...
            X