Black blocks appearing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black blocks appearing.

Over the past few days,large black squares and rectangles have begun appearing at random over my display.They tend to manifest when I move the display to the left or right,sometimes blocking out large portions.It stops when I stop moving the display,but I stress that it is random.Doesn't happen every time.Any ideas what this could be?

If you mean this occurs when you are viewing a page with your browser, it sounds like you are getting some pop-up windows, but without the content being displayed. Bit hard to suggest much without more info.

Comment

Hey Jedthebass, if you could post a few screenshots showing this issue, we'd be happy to advise further!

Comment

That would be kinda hard to do Juan as they disappear the minute I stop moving my mouse.The black squares measure approx 4x4cm and remain that size,no matter what the zoom level is.They sort of flicker over the screen at random.I think it may be a computer problem rather than FR24,but I just wondered if anyone had seen such a thing before.Thanx.

Comment

It's hard to say in this case, but it's possible this is connected to Google Maps not loading information as fast as it should, or an issue with your browser and its plugins. You could try visiting our site using a different internet browser to see if the issue persists (if everything seems fine with other browsers, we can narrow this down). Alternatively feel free to email support@fr24.com with more details about your current browser version and we can try to help with this problem.

Perhaps you can take pictures with your phone while you move the mouse with your free hand? Just brain storming here

Comment

Happens to me all the time. In the lower left corner it says "waitng for google apis, so yeah it's a google prob.

googlapis.jpg
            F-KDAG1

Comment

Have a look here.This is what I mean.Its starting to be a nuisance now.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

That's almost certain to be a condition of drivers, Video RAM, COnnection or browser addins/scripting issue
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I should add that it does not happen with Google Maps,looking at the same area.Also,I'm using 2 monitors.

Comment

The difference is, Google maps does not have multiple levels of overlays requiring the need to be re-drawn to animate all the dots on the screen
                    If you sped that up faster, they wouldn't be visible

If you slowed down the updates, the entire screen would re-draw map image section by image section.

Think downloading web-pages in the 90s on 56K dialup.

Normally, this is done in a controlled manor. And fast. But if a video driver cant handle the jandal, the updates are interrupted by data speed, Or a plugin is analysing the changes. All can cause re-draws or similar
                    Last edited by Oblivian; 2018-04-21, 11:45.
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Trying to find the correct term.

It use to display similar in-game with 3D mapping called tearing.

A little can be seen https://www.vsynctester.com/

Comment

Latest update on this.As i said I'm using 2 monitors and since I discovered the new and improved 3d feature,while using that on one monitor,the other one becomes completely swamped with these black squares and is unusable.But all this is relatively recent.I've used FR24 with 2 screens for well over a year without any problems and this has to happen now.Bummer!

Comment

I've had a look at this Oblivian and I'm getting nearly all grey with just the briefest flashes of red.I would add that FR24 is playing on my other monitor a the same time.So what is this telling me?

Comment

Here it is in a nutshell.Using Google Chrome:
                            Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

And using Firefox:

Definitely a browser problem yeah?I always thought that Chrome was the recommended browser for FR24.Has anybody seen anything like this before? Patrick Reeves said he saw something similar but why has it started suddenly?Thats what I'd like to know.

Comment

Why? Because windows 10 knows best and will change drivers and settings at will.

And because fr24 despite not announcing here recently updated the scripts and 3d mode on the web.

Ctrl-shift-n

Try in that tab

Else ensure updates. Help about Will make chrome check for updates

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X