Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I keep getting logged out after a few days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I keep getting logged out after a few days?

I've got a business account, and log into FR24 always from the same 2 (two) devices (laptop and Android app). If I log in on either device and don't open FR24 for a few days (possibly a couple of weeks), when I then reopen FR24 or relaunch the app, sure as hell I find myself logged out. That is particularly annoying on the app, where there is no easy way to store the password.

Do cookies or sessions expire after a set time, or after a certain period of inactivity, and is there a way to avoid that? I repeat, this is not a case of exceeding the maximum number of sessions concurrently open.

Thanks!

T-EGKK42
    Last edited by Deeday-UK; 2018-04-15, 10:38. Reason: radar name added
    T-EGKK42

Same thing here. Has been like this since like forever. Strange they can't fix it.

/M
    F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
    T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
    P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
    mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Originally posted by MrMac View Post
      Same thing here. Has been like this since like forever. Strange they can't fix it.

/M
      Same as my stats sharing turning off I guess, can't fix that either.

Comment

These annoying logoffs are just one of many pains in the arse (ass if you're American) with FR24 and they never seem to get fixed. Same thing happens with this forum but not as frequently.

Comment

Hey there, sorry for any disappointment this may cause, and please note that the main reason for being logged out is normally exceeding the number of simultaneous sessions included in your subscriptions (this may happen when using different browsers for example, and different devices).

I understand this is not always the case, as highlighted in the original post, and we will investigate the reasons that cause a log out in both the app and our website to avoid this type of issues in the future! Stay tuned for updates, so you can enjoy uninterrupted fun when using our app or our website.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanFR24 View Post
            Hey there, sorry for any disappointment this may cause, and please note that the main reason for being logged out is normally exceeding the number of simultaneous sessions included in your subscriptions (this may happen when using different browsers for example, and different devices).

I understand this is not always the case, as highlighted in the original post, and we will investigate the reasons that cause a log out in both the app and our website to avoid this type of issues in the future! Stay tuned for updates, so you can enjoy uninterrupted fun when using our app or our website.
            If it helps, its the app. Easily tested by just not using it for a week or so. Or logging into the webpage

And the message is always 'token expired' (or 'token not found')
            Last edited by Oblivian; 2018-04-16, 07:58.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I've had to log in 3 times already today.I've used up my 5 free sessions on the mobile FR24 app for the new 3d feature.Not that it matters as I'm a Silver member,but if I wasn't I'd need to take out a subscription to continue using it.Doesn't seem right to me.In fact,seems a bit fishy.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanFR24 View Post
                I'm seeing this issue with both desktop and the Android app and at most I login in from my phone and a single browser on a single computer. When I contacted support about the annoyance of having to log in weekly I was told:

Currently, the servers are set up in a way that requires the user to be signed out once every week. I am afraid it's not something that can be changed at this point.
                I'd love to hear the story about why this is necessary and how FR24 got themselves to that point. It's literally the only app I have had to log into more than once. Every single other app I have ever used has permanently remembered my login.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                  I'm seeing this issue with both desktop and the Android app and at most I login in from my phone and a single browser on a single computer. When I contacted support about the annoyance of having to log in weekly I was told:

I'd love to hear the story about why this is necessary and how FR24 got themselves to that point. It's literally the only app I have had to log into more than once. Every single other app I have ever used has permanently remembered my login.
                  It's not the only app that does it. I have an online newspaper sub that does the same thing weekly. It is an absurdity. Thanks for letting us all know that FR24 admits this is a deliberate action on their part because they rarely admit to anything.

Comment

My bets on the way the data transits CDNs (Content delivery network - front end servers at different countries to ensure speed/uptime) and to stop people using it commercially/publicly/non personal without entering a proper agreement.
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                      My bets on the way the data transits CDNs (Content delivery network - front end servers at different countries to ensure speed/uptime) and to stop people using it commercially/publicly/non personal without entering a proper agreement.
                      There are CDNs that definitely allow authentication, persistent sessions and yet still make the most of caching (I work for one who does).

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                        It's not the only app that does it. I have an online newspaper sub that does the same thing weekly. It is an absurdity. Thanks for letting us all know that FR24 admits this is a deliberate action on their part because they rarely admit to anything.
                        It makes you wonder if anyone actually dogfoods their own app. How do the people that work there not get all (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

wot

...and now this must be 10 chars so...

Comment

Apparently it will be fixed RSN?

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/st...85349523451904

Hi Martin, we understand that can be frustrating and we appreciate the feedback. We should have a fix out for this shortly to enable a much more seamless experience.

Comment

They must have done something, because I don't recall having to log into the app for a few months now, and I've had to log onto the website maybe once or twice.

Well done FR24!
                              T-EGKK42

Comment

Working...
                              X