Windows 1.0.19-15 :8080 and :8754 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 1.0.19-15 :8080 and :8754 problems

I have been running a DVBT stick on Windows 7 v.1.0.18-? for a year or two after my Pi died - all fine. I've now installed v.1.0.19-15.

Feeding is fine - connected via UDP and showing online on my account/feed-stats page. But I've mostly lost the connection to dump 1090's html pages.

On the host computer I can get up the pretty new Status page on 8754 but the 8080 page has no map or aircraft plots or data, just the few text words "Local Time", "UTC time", "Reset Map" and "Settings". Otherwise blank. Nothing is clickable.

Accessing either of those two pages from any other browser on anything else on the same network just produces: "The server at 192.168.0.100 is taking too long to respond". The address is fixed.

The .ini file is identical to before. (I saved the old one.) I've tried "--net", "--net-http-port 8080", and both "--net --net-http-port 8080" which is what it was before.

In fact everything worked before.

So I'm lost. I'm not really a Windows user (thankfully) so any advice would be welcome. I presume something somewhere is blocking direct access to/from dump 1090. I've tried with the firewall off and on, checked "fr24feed.exe" and "mr-dump1090.exe" are on the allowed list, done a system restore to an earlier date when the old version worked, uninstalled, re-installed, booted, re-booted etc etc.

Help please!

Run up a CMD and run dump1090 with the same commamdline parameters.

Forget fr and 8754 as it won't start.

See what the output does and if web starts

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It may be that you need to replace it with a non -mr binary

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

[QUOTE=Oblivian;103627]Run up a CMD and run dump1090 with the same commamdline parameters.

Forget fr and 8754 as it won't start.

See what the output does and if web starts

------

Thanks for replying.

Nope. No web on the host or others attached to the network.

So I've downloaded Malcolm Robb's 2014 original from git hub and that's fine. I can use that by pointing the path to it I hope. I'm antipodean to you so not a lot of planes about at this time. Might get back the nice real time window too which would be good. I'll continue to play.

But there's something amiss with the dump 1090 in with the latest Windows zip I think. It says created 22 Jan 2018.

Comment

That's interesting!

So I now have FR24 - the 1.0.19 version - running with the path set to Malcolm Robb's original dump 1090. The 8754 page doesn't show any settings/connections/ although the account/feed-stats page shows as connected. FR24 console works. But the "show aircraft tracked list" now has the same information as the original dump 1090 real time window. That's actually far better for me as I'm in a military TA - nearly everything restricts what info it transmits so usually doesn't appear on the 8080 display. There's no save/restart etc buttons on the settings page which is basically blank. If I'm accessing the DVBT stick outside of FR24 do I have to set it as AVR(USB/SERIAL) or AVR(TCP)? And what should I put in the .ini file in place of "receiver="dvbt""?

Good - I like it! But that's on the host computer. Still can't access anything from elsewhere on the network.

Comment

Originally posted by aka_pseudonym View Post
            That's interesting!

So I now have FR24 - the 1.0.19 version - running with the path set to Malcolm Robb's original dump 1090. The 8754 page doesn't show any settings/connections/ although the account/feed-stats page shows as connected. FR24 console works. But the "show aircraft tracked list" now has the same information as the original dump 1090 real time window. That's actually far better for me as I'm in a military TA - nearly everything restricts what info it transmits so usually doesn't appear on the 8080 display. There's no save/restart etc buttons on the settings page which is basically blank. If I'm accessing the DVBT stick outside of FR24 do I have to set it as AVR(USB/SERIAL) or AVR(TCP)? And what should I put in the .ini file in place of "receiver="dvbt""?

Good - I like it! But that's on the host computer. Still can't access anything from elsewhere on the network.
            Err FR24 possibly will go connected, but not actually ever upload data if you have the wrong receiver type settings, or output mode if running dump1090 first and attaching to it...

And its not uncommon for the settings page to need to be F5'd a few times.

The interactive web page (8080) should (and should have always shown) show a list of aircraft regardless of military or not, it's blocked at the server end.

And yes. If starting Dump1090 into its own little window first, it needs to be specified as AVR(TCP) with location specified of localhost 30002 or beast(tcp) 30005

There are 2 scenarios

Set to DVBT and specify a different .exe from default - it should then auto start that when you start FR24 if everything is set correctly (if not, FR24 will 'appear' to run but the core component actually won't be)

Set to TCP traffic and start after Dump1090 - both manual

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

The interactive web page (8080) should (and should have always shown) show a list of aircraft regardless of military or not, it's blocked at the server end.
              I might have imagined it but I'm pretty sure it had the signal strength too - I was looking at the tracked aircraft list on 8754. Is that possible?!?!?! But everything seems to have switched off their transponders now - even Coastguard Rescue which seems a bit perverse. I need to stick a marine radar on a pole I think!

Anyway I've lost it now because I've gone back to 1.0.18-9 which is fine as it always was. I might have another play at some point in the future - anything with windows is so ultra time consuming.

Comment

As an addenda -

I've just tried 1.0.18 and 1.0.19 on Windows 10. Neither work. They go into an endless loop of:

[reader][i]Connecting to DVBP receiver via ....
                [reader][i]Connected to the receiver, configuring
                [reader][i]Configured, processing messages
                [reader][i]Connection terminated

and round again .....

It's the same standard laptop (HP Probook 11" educational edition) on which 1.0.18 works and 1.0.19 doesn't on Windows 7.

Also I note that whereas Windows 7 adds exceptions to the Firewall for fr24feed and mr-dump1090 nothing is added in Windows 10.

I've got Linux Mint on it too so I'll try that next.

Comment

I have just now created a new thread for solving Map problem at port 8080.

How to Solve Map Problem in Windows Feeder fr24feed_win32_1.0.19-15

Comment

You say you are using the beast TCP In other thread.

Yet the log you paste says the config is set otherwise

reader][i]Connecting to DVBP receiver via ....

Mine always reports unknown receiver via TCP (and port)

Too many things tried at once methinks. Time to go back to methodical

Comment

Ah - "methodical" - there's an almost forgotten word.

But on the strength of that I re-installed libusbk, fr24feed 1.0.18.. and everything works as it should. Now why couldn't that happen in chaos mode?

Two queries though. Firstly there seemed to be a few error references to "libcommon" (invalid line, not found etc) both before - when it was only half working - and on re-installation. I have Windows, Linux and OSX on a hackintosh and I can't find libcommon anywhere in anything. So I'm bemused by that.

Secondly on the first run after re-installation it said "connected via TCP" but after re-starting it switched to "connected via UPD" where it stubbornly remains. Another bemusement.

On why it all went haywire in the first place having run impeccably for a year or more, I have a theory that Realtek might be a factor. The Probook which is feeding has Realtek audio, card reader, network controller etc. I'm wondering if a Realtek update to something unrelated also messed up one of the zadig drivers. If not then yet another bemusement.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try and remember that word ..... what was it ..... ?

Comment

Working...
                      X