Groups of ADSB receivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groups of ADSB receivers?

Is it possible to feed ROM a number of ADSB receivers spread all over a continent, and view ALL the results
    on one map, with MLAT derived positions?

Presently, I understand each receiver requires its own IP address.

Is there a way to feed the data from all the receivers to
    a common private web page link.

Many locations cannot supply data up to everyone with its own IP address,
    for many of these remote locations, bandwidth UP, is a serious problem
    and that data would need to be fed to a common site that can provide
    data out such as a server or hosted site

Is that possible on FT24 or is there another site that is more friendly
    to this idea?
    Last edited by Ramjet555; 2018-03-20, 02:29.

Certainly, I use 2 NooElec's with 2 different aerials. (I use TV aerials, they're clocked much lower but they work perfectly and have a fantastic range.)
    Just plug them both in and run FR24feed and it should work fine.

Comment

Yes, I recommend VRS, Virtual Radar Server to aggregate the data and present your private data on a web page.

But it is also possible to connect all data to one instance of dump1090, or into ModeSmixer2.

/M
      F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
      T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
      P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
      mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Gladiator;
        If you dont understand the question then don`t post a response. You don`t have a clue what I was asking about,
        and, if you use TV -aerials with clocking, then perhaps you should take a back seat for a while.
        This has got to be one the dumbest responses I`ve ever seen

Originally posted by Gladiator View Post
        Certainly, I use 2 NooElec's with 2 different aerials. (I use TV aerials, they're clocked much lower but they work perfectly and have a fantastic range.)
        Just plug them both in and run FR24feed and it should work fine.

Comment

Are they any links to where say 10 or more people are supplying a feed and where
          everyone or anyone can view all the results on one page

Comment

Originally posted by Ramjet555 View Post
            Gladiator;
            If you dont understand the question then don`t post a response. You don`t have a clue what I was asking about,
            and, if you use TV -aerials with clocking, then perhaps you should take a back seat for a while.
            This has got to be one the dumbest responses I`ve ever seen
            To be fair, That's a rather brash response. I've been around a while and even I had to read your post a number of times to work out what exactly you meant (especially the data up section).

So you can only but excuse him as this was posted in a specific Flightradar Web Page and Apps section, for thinking your intentions were wanting to feed multiple sites and or sticks to flightradar24s own web-page. Not your own community network.

MrMac has provided some leads to the solution for doing such a task. And many groups of feeders doing so, do it in their own circle/not publicly due to the data and dedicated PC/server requirements.

And unless I'm mistaken, for MLAT you would need a server and software doing MLAT calculations for you, or by using MLAT calculated data from a source that does so for feeders already such as FAs piaware return data.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Private Circle of feeders

Thanks Oblivian,
              Flight Radar block a significant amount of information that forces people to get receivers to be able to watch it all live.
              I no longer want to watch censored Flight Radar.

I would like to get in touch with anyone who has set up 'their own circle' for private viewing of those who contribute.
              Any direction or contact information will be appreciated.

I'm getting the impression, that Virtual Radar Server will be more suitable than Flight Radar24

Ramjet

QUOTE=Oblivian;103152]
              many groups of feeders doing so, do it in their own circle/not publicly due to the data and dedicated PC/server requirements.

And unless I'm mistaken, for MLAT you would need a server and software doing MLAT calculations for you, or by using MLAT calculated data from a source that does so for feeders already such as FAs piaware return data.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Ramjet555 View Post
                I'm getting the impression, that Virtual Radar Server will be more suitable than Flight Radar24
                As someone once posted:

FR24 and Virtual Radar Server are very different "products".

One is a comprehensive network of feeders, 15,000 and growing. aggregating and filtering data on high end servers to deliver enhanced output via different browsers and mobile apps across a portfolio of subscriptions. Maintaining an aircraft, flight and airline database, merged with data from industry sources requires a dedicated team of highly skilled people and deep pockets.

VRS is an excellent application, developed and supported by one person, aimed at the aviation enthusiast running a local web server. It can aggregate data feeds, as can a similar applications, but it cannot be compared to FR24.

There are a number of "enthusiast" platforms that use open (and free) software to aggregate data to share with their contributors. They soon find it takes a lot more effort (and cost) to maintain a responsive service.

I could list such platforms but this isn't the place to do so. After all this is FR24's forum and, whilst I don't always agree with FR24 policies, it's running a business and deserves some respect for what it's achieved so far.

But if I can find these platforms, I'm sure others can by doing some quality research of their own.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  I've been around a while and even I had to read your post a number of times to work out what exactly you meant (especially the data up section).
                  .... So you can only but excuse him
                  Why?

The question was perfectly clear, as was the thread heading. Only the choice of category could be better.

" Is there a way to feed the data from all the receivers to a common private web page link"

Is not very hard to understand, is it?

/M
                  F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
                  T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
                  P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
                  mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

It does now that Its been made clearer after the post was edited slightly yesterday to include private network and own server...

Prior to that I didn't even consider a reply to once again be shot down (oh, hey) thinking he wanted to use links/data from the fr24 web page/supply for his own select display of particular uploaders (only) possibly using something like the embedded IFrame or filters. Which was likely never going to be possible or at the least explainable from me especially

So instead, I spoke up about the apparent other users similar misunderstanding being snapped at.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Or at the least on my subsequent re-read prior to the edit and speaking up figured and considered the actual requirements was likely combining data using modesmixer from multiple boxes. Which I also don't have experience with so, likewise didn't contribute but suggest he followed your post as you and others do already

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X