X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightradar stats

Hey guys,

maybe somebody knows an answer:
    The maximum range in the stats, as far as i know, is the average of the last 30days max ranges, right? I monitored my max ranges indicated per day and wrote everything down but it does not match with the value fr24 is calculating for me. Either for a friend of mine who is also running a radar the site gives a max range of 315nm but within the last 7 days he never exceeded 220nm and also the days before were not exceeding 280nm. How can that be?

Best regards,

Stats are currently being looked into to see what's causing this as a few other data sharers have reported the same.
    --

Comment

Thanks for your answer Khan.

Comment

Any news on this, Khan?

Comment

Any changes made need to be tested for a month to see if they makes sense. But the devs are looking into it, if that's what you are asking
          --

Comment

Yes, this is exactly what me and others were asking. Thank you for your answer, Khan

Comment

looks like today everyone has lost a day of uptime.
              T-EGLF8

Comment

Not just one day. My last few stats updates have had the upload hours as -23, +13, -23, +18 and -20. My Data Sharing graphs show some decreased activity overnight due to the Easter long weekend but are generally consistent with past performance. Maybe its a changeover in daylight savings time causing a mess with the calculations ?

I'll contact FR24 and will post their response.
                Last edited by AnonyMouse; 2018-04-02, 20:41. Reason: Updated stats data

Comment

I too have been logging my stats for 3 months now and see the same as ger241 reported back in March. My 30 day average maximum range is currently 295nm but the detailed stats data has been stuck on 265nm for a while. As the maximum range inevitably changes daily with weather conditions I would expect the 30 day average to varying all the time.
                  As it's been 2 months since you reported that stats are looking into this problem I wondered if there has been any progress yet.

Best Regards

Comment

something has changed as my numbers for up time have been increasing. So they must have fixed something would be nice if they would mention these things.
                    T-EGLF8

Comment

The trouble is that these stats have brought out a competitive side of my nature that I didn't think I had!
                      Not that I'll ever compete with the guy with 22 receivers, but I get a bit of a buzz out of now being in the UK top 30!!

T-EGSY1

Comment

Can people who are keeping their own daily statistics verify or comment on this observation:

That the published Max Range figure is not the average of the last 30 days but is simply the max range in the last 30 days ?

And as we don't see what our average daily range is, then we can't calculate the 30 day average of the average ....

Comment

Because of this ambiguity, I very rarely check my FR24 stats. I have installed monitoring software right on my Pi which shows me performance of my system.

(1) Performance Graphs (Web Portal)
                          Automated Installation of Dump1090-Mutability, Data Feeders, and Performance Graphs

(2) ModeSMixer2
                          How To Get VRS-Like Coverage Map on RPi

Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-10, 00:46.

Comment

It would be nice to even feature in the list. Seems I am lost! Still online though 24/7 and feed apparent on targets...

OMGH1
                            Last edited by GraemeH; 2018-05-16, 06:53. Reason: Radar added

Comment

Originally posted by AnonyMouse View Post
                              Can people who are keeping their own daily statistics verify or comment on this observation:

That the published Max Range figure is not the average of the last 30 days but is simply the max range in the last 30 days ?

And as we don't see what our average daily range is, then we can't calculate the 30 day average of the average ....
                              The Max Range reported by FR24 is neither a 30 day average nor the maximum in a 30 day period.

This is obvious by looking at the day-to-day results. My last 12 are:
                              127, 127, 112, 117, 132, 144, 135, 132, 128, 122, 119, 132.

Comment

Working...
                              X