Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flightradar stats

Passenger

Flightradar stats

Hey guys,

maybe somebody knows an answer:
    The maximum range in the stats, as far as i know, is the average of the last 30days max ranges, right? I monitored my max ranges indicated per day and wrote everything down but it does not match with the value fr24 is calculating for me. Either for a friend of mine who is also running a radar the site gives a max range of 315nm but within the last 7 days he never exceeded 220nm and also the days before were not exceeding 280nm. How can that be?

Best regards,

Administrator
    Stats are currently being looked into to see what's causing this as a few other data sharers have reported the same.
    --

Passenger
    Thanks for your answer Khan.

Any news on this, Khan?

Administrator
    Any changes made need to be tested for a month to see if they makes sense. But the devs are looking into it, if that's what you are asking
    --

Yes, this is exactly what me and others were asking. Thank you for your answer, Khan

First officer
    looks like today everyone has lost a day of uptime.
    T-EGLF8

Passenger
    Not just one day. My last few stats updates have had the upload hours as -23, +13, -23, +18 and -20. My Data Sharing graphs show some decreased activity overnight due to the Easter long weekend but are generally consistent with past performance. Maybe its a changeover in daylight savings time causing a mess with the calculations ?

I'll contact FR24 and will post their response.
    Last edited by AnonyMouse; 2018-04-02 at 20:41. Reason: Updated stats data

Passenger
    I too have been logging my stats for 3 months now and see the same as ger241 reported back in March. My 30 day average maximum range is currently 295nm but the detailed stats data has been stuck on 265nm for a while. As the maximum range inevitably changes daily with weather conditions I would expect the 30 day average to varying all the time.
    As it's been 2 months since you reported that stats are looking into this problem I wondered if there has been any progress yet.

Best Regards

First officer
    something has changed as my numbers for up time have been increasing. So they must have fixed something would be nice if they would mention these things.
    T-EGLF8