Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I seeing things or Im on drugs - F-WSSS1 has such long range ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I seeing things or Im on drugs - F-WSSS1 has such long range ?

Am I seeing things or am I on drugs - F-WSSS1 has such long range ?

Is there anything wrong with the server today, 2 march 2018 ?
    Attached Files
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
    Am I seeing things or am I on drugs - F-WSSS1 has such long range ?

Is there anything wrong with the server today, 2 march 2018 ?
    Surprised you have not encountered this FR24 quirk before. F-WSSS1 would have acquired the flight somewhere very close to Changi possibly even on the runway and FR24 has just hung onto its code deep into the flight while several other feeders were actually tracking the aircraft. Has been happening for a long time - I have seen a flight from Auckland to KUL hold onto a NZ code until well over Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
      Surprised you have not encountered this FR24 quirk before. F-WSSS1 would have acquired the flight somewhere very close to Changi possibly even on the runway and FR24 has just hung onto its code deep into the flight while several other feeders were actually tracking the aircraft. Has been happening for a long time - I have seen a flight from Auckland to KUL hold onto a NZ code until well over Australia.
      This is the first time I came across.

I thought I am still suffering from my Hang over - last night I had quite a few bottles of beers. LOL

Up to now it is still hanging onto a few aircrafts near Philippines.
      2 March 2018-4.jpg
      F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

I have noticed similar thing in South Atlantic crossings. Flights go all the way through the ocean with same radar code and apparently don't need Santa Helena Island's receiver contact (if it passes near). They simply don't enter in estimation. Is it completely new or could it be an issue?

Comment

Estimations are back since a few days.

Comment

Seems that Flightfeeder has an Over The Horizon capability now, according to the FR24 tracking a F- station near Geraldton in Western Australia is tracking a C172 at 5000' near PIY, around 255 nautical miles away........????

Comment

Working...
            X