Message Box when I open FR24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Box when I open FR24?

Google Browser on Windows 10 machine. For a few days I've been getting a message box in the middle of the screen which I always need to close to see the map. It is headed "Live flight not found". The Flight EK35 is currently not tracked......" with two option buttons. "No, close pop-up" and "Yes, show flight history". One the "NO" button is selected all is normal.

I seem to remember a couple of weeks ago looking for this flight but I can't seem to get rid of this message box appearing each time I start FR24.

I have tried resetting the FR24 options but I still get this message box when I open FR24 on the PC and laptop.

Can anyone offer a solution to stop this occurring, please.

TIA

If you are typing the url. Chrome is choosing the most selected copy it has visited.

If you are clicking a shortcut. You saved it while on that search.

Look at the address bar when you are typing/clicking.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      If you are typing the url. Chrome is choosing the most selected copy it has visited.

If you are clicking a shortcut. You saved it while on that search.

Look at the address bar when you are typing/clicking.
      Thanks, have tried resetting FR24 and clearing chrome of cookies and data, but same thing pops up on startup

Comment

Not settings.

I mean look here

If it has part of a flight Like this. You need to change shortcut or it will search every time.

If not that. Active filters.

IMG_20180224_100406.jpg
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks - problem seems to be something with Chrome. Even after clearing cache/cookies (it wasn't a shortcut) etc and resetting Chrome options and even FR24 options it was still there. So tried Edge and all cured. Dumped Chrome for now.

Comment

So you started typing 'flight...' in the browser address bar and went enter on the first/partial bolded wording which appeared a complete result?

Because what I was getting at, chrome saves URLs of all pages you visit. And when you manually type addresses in and select them from the list - the more you select (the wrong one) the more it moves further to the top of the list (default) to pick next time.

And if the one you are hitting enter on. Defaults to a previously tracked URL like in my screenshot when not active. It does exactly that. While the map changes to a GPS location URL in the background

I just did the very same for the URL I screen shotted above and got the same message. And I don't think it's one of the things it clears when clearing settings unless specifically chosen.

urls.jpg

You'll get the same effect reading this message in chrome right now and clicking:

Whereas if you saved a shortcut/favourite button to use, or click https://www.flightradar24.com it doesn't

Comment

It has nothing to do with browser, cookies, cache or filters. You just use wrong URL.

Flightradar24 URL is www.flightradar24.com

If you use a longer URL you will get a message.

Comment

Working...
              X