Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeder "online" but getting errors in the fr24feed status

Hi,

I am running a feeder on a Raspberry Pi and according to the FR website it is online but I am getting errors when I run
    Code:
    fr24feed status
    . The following is the error
    Code:
    [reader][i]Connecting to DVBT receiver via (exe:///usr/bin/dump1090-mutability  --raw --mlat)
    [reader][i]Connected to the receiver, configuring
    [reader][i]Configured, processing messages
    Tue Feb 13 22:02:00 2018 UTC  dump1090-mutability v1.14 starting up.
    Found 1 device(s):
    0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000001 (currently selected)
    usb_claim_interface error -6
    Error opening the RTLSDR device: Device or resource busy
    [reader][i]Connection terminated
    [main][i]Terminating child process 1075 with SIGTERM
    If I run
    Code:
    lsmod
    the dvb_usb_rtlxxx thing does not show up, I've also added
    Code:
    blacklist dvb_usb_rtl2832u
    blacklist dvb_usb
    into my /etc/modprobe.d/rtl-sdr-blacklist.conf file and rebooted but nothing works, please help

Reboot the Pi

After reboot, wait for 5 minutes, then:
    1. Check status
    Code:
    fr24feed-status
    2. In browser address bar type following address
    ip-of-pi:8754
    Note: in above address, replace ip-of-pi by your Pi's actual Local IP which will be something like 192.168.0.12
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-02-13, 22:50.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
      Reboot the Pi

After reboot, wait for 5 minutes, then:
      1. Check status
      Code:
      fr24feed-status
      2. In browser address bar type following address
      ip-of-pi:8754
      Note: in above address, replace ip-of-pi by your Pi's actual Local IP which will be something like 192.168.0.12
      If I run the fr24feed-status command I get the error FR24 MLAT: not running... failed!
      I can access the dashboard on the ip:8754 and it says the receiver is online

Comment

Go to "Settings" page by following address
        ip-of-pi:8754/settings.html

If MLAT is set to "NO", change it to "YES".
        Click "Save" button, and after save, click "Restart" button.
        Both these buttons are at bottom-right of settings page

Wait for 5 minutes, then check status again.

Comment

Go to "Settings" page by following address
          ip-of-pi:8754/settings.html

If MLAT is set to "NO", change it to "YES".
          Click "Save" button, and after save, click "Restart" button.
          Both these buttons are at bottom-right of settings page

Wait for 5 minutes, then check status again.
          MLAT is already set to yes and the live version is yes

Comment

If MLAT is already set to YES, and you still get "FR24 MLAT: not running... failed!", then this is most likely a temporary situation. Please run fr24feed-status after 10 -15 minutes. Most likely MLAT will also show [OK].

Comment

If MLAT is already set to YES, and you still get "FR24 MLAT: not running... failed!", then this is most likely a temporary situation. Please run fr24feed-status after 10 -15 minutes. Most likely MLAT will also show [OK].
              I've tried after 20 minutes and it still shoes failed, I am also still getting the original error that is above when I run fr24feed status

Comment

One posibilty is missing latitude, longitude and antenna height info.

You may try following command and signup again giving antenna latitude, longitude and elevation.
                Keep your fr24 key and email address handy to provide these when asked for:

Code:
                sudo fr24feed --signup

Comment

One posibilty is missing latitude, longitude and antenna height info.

You may try following command and signup again giving antenna latitude, longitude and elevation.
                  Keep your fr24 key and email address handy to provide these when asked for:

Code:
                  sudo fr24feed --signup
                  I am 100% sure I added all 3 pieces of information when I signed up, I am in an area with no traffic at the moment, as it is night time, so could that affect it?

Comment

No traffic definately affects. My feeder keeps on pinging during period 3am to 4am when traffic is almost zero.

It is not only FR24 which is affected by low traffic. Planefinder feeder also keeps on shutting down and restarting during 3am to 4am every night due to almost zero traffic here during this period.

Comment

Don't forget a mode-s + adsb is required. And at least 3 contacts to start with before it may register the station

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

No traffic definately affects. My feeder keeps on pinging during period 3am to 4am when traffic is almost zero.

It is not only FR24 which is affected by low traffic. Planefinder feeder also keeps on shutting down and restarting during 3am to 4am every night due to almost zero traffic here during this period.
                        When running fr24feed-status now I am getting "OK" on MLAT but receiver down ... failed! Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                        X