Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help

Hello,

I am relatively new to this area and have been feeding data to FR24 for a few months. I initially ran my kit (Rasp Pi 3 modB, homemade collinear antenna and FlightAware DVB stick) in headless mode. Then recently, for some unknown reason, the system consistently refused to go online and thus I was forced to do a fresh install of Raspbian. As my Pi now has a monitor I then used terminal to sudo bash the rest and complete the job. All is done and now running except I have absolutely no idea how to open a window on my Pi in order to display the received decoded information as per the attached image. Any help in doing this would be greatly appreciated as now my Pi has a monitor, it might as well be showing something! :0) Many thanks in advance.

dump1090-win-screenshot.png

You can't use that view. That is raw dump1090 in interactive. which fr24 loads silently to connect to the USB and decode the data. Not display on screen.

Dump1090 has a local map output. And the web config page of fr24feed can list contacts.

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks "uploader who tinkers". To get that display, I'm probably going to have to build another Pi setup then. I'm going to build a new antenna first but once that's done, I'll try on a separate unit. I want to keep the one I have feeding as it is as that obviously maintains by business account benefits.

Comment

You have seen the capability built in right?

Way better than a black screen of words?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Yes, I'm aware of that but I generally display that sort of info from FR24's own display system (I like the radar view best).

I'm intending to add a small touch-screen to the Pi running my feed as opposed to the large monitor it's "borrowing" at the moment. I just like the idea of it displaying the data juxtaposed with the usual FR24 feed etc.

Thanks again for your replies Oblivian, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            You have seen the capability built in right?

Way better than a black screen of words?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
            Is this map available for Raspberry Pi?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by T-SBAQ3 View Post
              Is this map available for Raspberry Pi?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
              If your device uses Dump1090 (USB tv stick/some AVR format) to capture the data and is not bypassed (like beast is). Yes.

Comment

Working...
              X