Noo NESDR SMArt or FlightAware Pro Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noo NESDR SMArt or FlightAware Pro Stick

Noo told me that I should use the NESDR SMArt since size isn't important. I have a very old R820T or original version of T so I want something better. I was thinking about the pro stick. How much better would that be since it has an amplifier? Also, does it play nice with the Flightradar feeding software or do you have to do something to set it up correctly? Also, if I should get the Pro Stick should I also get the Band-Pass filter to go along with it? I'm not sure since I have the DPD productions indoor blade.

Thank-You,
    Doug
    Last edited by devolic1025; 2018-02-05, 15:47.
    Receiver: FlightAware Pro Stick Plus

Antenna: DPD Productions ADS-B Blade Indoor Antenna

Originally posted by devolic1025 View Post
    Noo told me that I should use the NESDR SMArt since size isn't important. I have a very old R820T or original version of T so I want something better. I was thinking about the pro stick. How much better would that be since it has an amplifier? Also, does it play nice with the Flightradar feeding software or do you have to do something to set it up correctly? Also, if I should get the Pro Stick should I also get the Band-Pass filter to go along with it? I'm not sure since I have the DPD productions indoor blade.

Thank-You,
    Doug
    In the absence of other replies Doug, I'll relate my recent experiences. I went for the Flightaware stick option because it was readily available to me. I deliberated on which version of the sticks to buy i.e. the Pro or Pro Plus and settled on the Plus. Without doubt local GSM signals were causing desensing issues and adjusting signal gain had little benefit.

I'm thinking that I perhaps should have settled on the Pro and saved a few dollars to go on a more effective signal filter.

Looking at various filter options, the most cost effective option I found was a 'SAW' chip based filter on Ebay. I now have the signal gain up to near max and range and message rate has improved significantly. Most likely an even better cavity type filter would improve things further, but not yet. Next issue I have to resolve is the nearby trees taking chunks out of my coverage!

No issue with setting up those sticks with Flightradar.
    Cheers,
    Ian

Comment

How do you adjust gain? I know thats not a question that's supposed to be asked in this thread. Just wondering if their's anything else besides the default windows feeder where I can see a lot more.
      Receiver: FlightAware Pro Stick Plus

Antenna: DPD Productions ADS-B Blade Indoor Antenna

Comment

Originally posted by devolic1025 View Post
        How do you adjust gain? I know thats not a question that's supposed to be asked in this thread. Just wondering if their's anything else besides the default windows feeder where I can see a lot more.
        I don't think that the gain question is outside the scope of this thread. In my case I use dump1090 in my set up and the gain figure can be set in the .bat file that initiates dump1090. It will depend on what your set up is as to how its set.

Comment

i would go with the pro stick, it uses the same chip set as most of the TV dongles so you wont have any trouble in using it.
          T-EGLF8

Comment

I've recently been able to compare the light blue and black DVB-T sticks and the Dark Blue Pro Stick Plus. The Pro Stick gets my vote ! And as the previous people have stated - just plug it in ...

Peter

ylis

Comment

Working...
            X