Program Crashes After About 30 Minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program Crashes After About 30 Minutes

I just downloaded 1.0.19-14 from the web. I set it up and about 30 minutes the programs crashes. When I say it crashes it gives you that screen that the program has stopped working. Then it gives you the option of either closing it or checking for a solution online. This is on a Win 7 Pro 64 bit machine running a USB Stick. I did install the drivers and the program runs. I guess I should also add that I'm using Zadig 2.3 drivers. I noticed it's crashing after the program updates the time offset. Then it says already locked and asks to close the program or look online.
    Last edited by devolic1025; 2018-02-04, 20:16.
    Receiver: FlightAware Pro Stick Plus

Antenna: DPD Productions ADS-B Blade Indoor Antenna

I have the same problem.Win10 64bit,AVR-TCP mode.
    I've changed back 1.0.18-9.
    Last edited by YsMilan; 2018-02-05, 02:31.
    China Kunming
    F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

Same problem here running Windows 10 and AVR-TCP mode
      - I am running 1.0.18-19

John

Comment

Same problem over here - after some minutes 1.0.18-19 crashes on Windows 7. Switching back to previous version. Is there any crash report which can be sent?
        Best regards,
        Rod

Comment

I am running 1.0.18-19
          - what is the previous version and where do I get it ?

Comment

In October 2017 I downloaded fr24feed_win32_1.0.18-9.zip and I switched back to this version.
            Best regards,
            Rod

Comment

Thank you very much guys. I have been running 1.0.18-9 for 7 1/2 hours now and haven't had any problems. I highly appreciate it. Thank-You
              Receiver: FlightAware Pro Stick Plus

Antenna: DPD Productions ADS-B Blade Indoor Antenna

Comment

Testing this version :-)

Thanks

Comment

If you have the word localhost in IP address. Try changing to 127.0.0.1 and retest.

If no change, swap to beast instead of avr.

It helps tell them if the localhost bug is in windows port too.
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

But if you are using dump1090.exe receiver-type "beast" make no sense - it should be “avr-tcp”.
                    Best regards,
                    Rod

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
                      But if you are using dump1090.exe receiver-type "beast" make no sense - it should be “avr-tcp”.
                      No, as dump1090 output both types when ---net enabled. And more. And are handled/read/decoded differently.

Beast type is a data format, not necessarily from a mode-s beast device. And as such another option with mlat tagging included.
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Makes no sense for me.

If you have receiver="beast" in the ini file then fr24feed takes data from USB port and not from the TCP output from dump1090.
                        Best regards,
                        Rod

Comment

Well of course, we're taking TCP modes having issues by most people here
                          I thought everyone would figure out my suggestion was Naturally swayed toward beastTCP as the alternate.

If you use the web config its more obvious as the examples are shown and uses dropdown which clearly a USB source would need more fields and not localhost like I suggest adjusting.

But that's the secondary test. My first is to not use the word localhost

It was discovered some time ago on pi (where windows version is spawned from) when it disconnects for inactivity or TCP close, reconnect was failing on different port/format

I use different hardware so some more tests from users need to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
                            Makes no sense for me.

If you have receiver="beast" in the ini file then fr24feed takes data from USB port and not from the TCP output from dump1090.
                            It should be:

reciever="beast-tcp"
                            host="127.0.0.1:30005"

NOT

receiver="beast"
                            Last edited by abcd567; 2018-02-05, 22:40.

Comment

Word has it, Keep an eye on http://feed.flightradar24.com in the next day or so for updated to attempt resolve.
                              Last edited by Oblivian; 2018-02-06, 08:15.

Comment

Working...
                              X