FYI double check your FR24 status correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI double check your FR24 status correctly

Just a reminder / FYI to double check your FR24 status correctly.
    After the current issues of software crashes, I have been checking my receiver status on the website at https://www.flightradar24.com/account/data-sharing whenever I can.
    First thing this morning it said I was offline again.
    Many of us may have a predisposition to think, “Here we go again, a bad auto update of the software”.
    I booked marked the very helpful page with Diagnostic Commands https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ostic-Commands so I started to check my RPi with those commands and it said everything was ok.
    I refreshed the data stats page and it still showed I was offline? I then checked my dump-1090 map and it showed no aircraft. It was very early in the morning and I am in a remote area so there are times where there are no aircraft in range.
    The bottom line: As soon as aircraft became in range, my web status went from “Offline” to “Online”
    I’m not sure how long of a time period between reporting the last aircraft and the status changing to “Offline”
    I just wanted to share my experience as a newbie and hopefully a lesson learned.

Originally posted by RockRidge View Post
    It was very early in the morning and I am in a remote area so there are times where there are no aircraft in range.
    As soon as aircraft became in range, my web status went from “Offline” to “Online”
    Yes, it's very annoying that they do this even if the receiver is actually ONLINE. FR24 should separate "Online" from "Reporting A/C" and name it correctly!

This screwed up stats makes it look like we in remote areas are turning our receivers on and off at will.....

/M
    F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
    T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
    P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
    mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

I chopped and changed the layout of the status area in paint shortly after it was refreshed and suggested it be broken up with networking info (IP/MAC which most don't needor is 0's) segregated and a different online vs last upload status for that reason :/

Is also the reason a lot of the time people see the log filled with Pings, a keep alive as traffic has dropped off
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
      X