Thread: Error when updating: no space left on device

Passenger

Error when updating: no space left on device

From time to time I do a sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. Yesterday I got some error messages with the main reason being (I guess) the "No space left on device" message.

I have a 1 GB sdcard, is it possible it's filled due to FR24? I have nothing else running and am using the build from this website. Logging is disabled. Any idea what might be using that much disk space?

First officer
    Tbh 1GB is quite small, esp. when you are running raspian or other gui related distros. You can try to delete non needed packages with sudo apt-get autoclean (and clean ofc), but you should switch to at least 16GB soon
    Regards,
    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Passenger
    The insutrctions at fr24.com say to get a 1 gb card. It's running Jessie which has no GUI and is supposed to be quite slim. clean and autoclean freed up 7.2 mb but that's still very little...

I guess the instructions should be updated, a larger card doesn't add much to the overall price but having to replace the previously bought card is a hassle.

edit: After another apt-get update, clean and autoclean I now have 100 mb free space... But it's still not a lot.
    Last edited by bur; 2018-01-29 at 20:12.

First officer
    Raspbian has a default GUI, incl. VNC Server. And they are recommending at least 8GB (4GB for Lite installation), https://www.raspberrypi.org/document...on/sd-cards.md I agree with you that the HowTo should be updated
    Regards,
    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Super Moderator
    Did you expand the file system on setup if not a precompiled image

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers