Heat Map / Range Map Recording Data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Map / Range Map Recording Data?

I’m looking for a simple way to see the how far in different directions I am tracking aircraft.
    Let me repeat “simple” as in it easy for a newbie to install and something that can be uninstalled or stopped so it doesn’t eat up resources on the PI.
    I’ve been looking at a bunch of info on other sites and some have broken links / out of date or just get too complex and / or run all of the time.
    Thanks for helping,
    Rock Ridge
    PS: I’m experimenting with antennas and different locations because of my topography and the “Max Range” on the performance graphs doesn’t tell the whole story.

What you are asking for is an advanced feature. The raspberry pi In itself was designed to be a Developmental tool.

It's not a basic computer or device, hence anything relating to it isn't simple. So there are very few guides or instructions that can be considered 'simple'.

I understand everyones frustration at the need to be doing commamdline work to get broken fr24 and other software repaired or installed. But that is why they are supplying restricted and simplified pre-built images made by the respective people wanting adsb data from them along side such manual instructions

In the simplised form applying a pre configured image works. Adding anything to it additional is considered advanced or developmental and isn't ever going to be easy.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

But for an answer that doesn't involve the pi or it's resources.

Assuming you are a PC user also. There are a multitude of tools and apps able to use the same data dump1090 produces and plot the tracks on remote devices.

Vrs (virtual radar server) with range overlay enabled on the map.

Sbsplotter (keeps crashing for me)

Among some.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Oblivian
        Thanks to you and others that have posted so many help instructions, I have been able to learn a great deal.
        (Thank for the “monkey see, monkey do post the generous folks have posted)
        I’m not afraid of jumping in there and doing “command line work” as long as there are some guidelines to follow.
        Let me rephrase my request. Does anyone care to share how they set up a heat map / range recorder with tips on good and bad attempts?
        Last edited by RockRidge; 2018-01-28, 01:50.

Comment

Working...
        X