Thread on Jetvision SCO Antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread on Jetvision SCO Antenna

I have a Jetvision SCO-1090-MCX antenna that has 3m of RG174 cable and the MCX plug. I intend to replace the MCX with SMA to use it as a field/test antenna.

Does anyone have one of these and can identify the thread ( size/pitch/description ) used on the base ? It came with a clamp but I'm thinking it would be more useful with a nut. I haven't had any luck at local 'bolt barn or hardware' stores.

Cheers

ylis

Reply to myself ... and for information of others:

Thread seems to be 5/8inch - 24tpi OR M16 - 1.0mm. Not sure what these combinations are called but I've now got something concrete to chase.

ylis

Comment

this is only a guess but i would think that it might be the same as a N-type connector

edit quick check says that it isnt. Could be M16 fine.
      Last edited by SpaxmoidJAm; 2018-02-10, 10:56.
      T-EGLF8

Comment

Great guess ! I didn't even think about coax connector threads but given it is on the base of an antenna - maybe I should have. And I've found an old SO-239 feed-thru bulkhead socket and the nut fits perfectlty. Thank you.

ylis

Comment

To finalise this topic for anyone interested - I ordered a M16 nut with 1.0mm (fine) thread from China via eBay and it fits perfectly.

ylis

Comment

N-connector thread is not M16x1, it is 5/8-24 UNF just like the SO-239.

/M
            F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
            T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
            P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
            mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

MrMac,
              can you pm me? ramjet555 at g..m..l..com
              I'm trying to set up a circle of feeders for private viewing and I'm told you
              know how to do this or have done this?

I've set up one site for one private feeder which I will send to you when
              I get to pm with you.

Regards

Ramjet

Comment

I would suggest you get a range of adapters on Ebay to cover conversions from one type to another.
                MCX connectors can be crimp on from LMR400 to RG174 etc, I personally use N connectors at the antenna
                and then use cable leads to match what is required or adapters.

Try not to mix 75 ohm with 50 ohm, .. I personally think home made antennas beat most commercial antennas
                even a simple can antenna has impressive performance compared too a commercial antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramjet555 View Post
                  MrMac,
                  can you pm me? ramjet555 at g..m..l..com
                  gml or gmail ?

EDIT: tried both. gml bounced.

You can reach me at mrmac (at) fastest.cc

/M
                  Last edited by MrMac; 2018-03-21, 16:33.
                  F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
                  T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
                  P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
                  mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Working...
                  X