Adding FlightAware feed to a FR24 RPi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding FlightAware feed to a FR24 RPi

I've seen several posts on how to add FR24 to an existing Flightaware feeder. Can somebody help describe how I go about adding a Flightaware feed to my existing FR24 RPi?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

They have their own support the same as here.

That's kinda like asking McDonald's to make a kfc burger for you

Setup PiAware to directly feed live ADS-B data to FlightAware via a Raspberry Pi running dump1090. Step-by-step instructions along with a link to your statistics and how to register for a free FlightAware Enterprise account.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks, I had seen that already, but it was doubtful as to whether it still fed to FR24 after it linked up Flightaware.

I don't want to kill my FR24 feed at all, I was just hoping to add the FA feed.

I was hoping that other dedicated FR24 users might be willing to share the info. FA has their own agenda, and I trust this board more.

Comment

No they are both programmed the same. During install it detects dump1090 and Attaches to it.

Hence mentioning there 'if you have a unit running dump1090...'

The same as when you install fr24 it goes 'dump1090 detected, configuring.

Everyone relies on dump1090 to do the work. What you do with the data it produces is individual choice.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Please see this post:

How I Configured Pi24 To Run Piaware Data feeder + Display Flightaware MLAT Feed Back on Map

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            That's kinda like asking McDonald's to make a kfc burger for you

Comment

First of all, it would be awesome if McDonalds would serve a KFC burger, but that's a topic for another day.

In order to get FA working, I had to install dump1090-FA onto the Rpi, which instantly got the FA feed working. Naturally, that killed the FR24 feed. That's bad.

Now that I have dump1090-fa running, is there a way to get FR24 to still work? As you may have guessed, I'm a complete NOOB with the Rpi, so I'm learning as I go. Now, I'm sort of asking KFC for a Big Mac?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Comment

Change fr24 confirg page receiver to Avrtcp and data/port 127.0.0.1:30002 check out my info guide for a few screenies and term TCP

Comment

And it probably hasnt over written the other copy but put it along side and terminated the other so grabbed it first. That's because the fr24 dump1090 only runs on demand (when asked to) not as a service

There's still ways of canning -fa and starting mutability. But won't go there. Long winded

Comment

@Pyrojim
                    It is only Piaware data feeder which is required if you already have dump1090 installed on your Pi.

2018-01-25 20.19.20.jpg 2018-01-25 20.13.16.jpg

As your Pi already had some version of dump1090, installing dump1090-fa killed FR24 feed.

If you read instruction in the post I have given, it says "Step 2" which is Piaware data feeder ONLY, not dump1090-fa. There is no mention of "Step-3", which is installation of dump1090-fa.

Last edited by abcd567; 2018-01-26, 01:23.

Comment

Success here, thank you.

The only reason I installed dump1090-fa was because I could not get FA to work without it. I figured that doing so would trash FR24, but it looked like the easier of the two paths.

Your advice to change to AVR (tcp) and input the IP seemed to fix everything. It looks like I'm feeding to both systems now. I'll watch it for a while and make sure that remains true.

Thank you.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X