Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi Receiver Offline - help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi Receiver Offline - help please.

I have a home built Raspberry Pi receiver and this has been working well for some time.
    Yesterday (16th Jan) the statistics page was showing the receiver as offline.
    All appears OK (power supply etc - I have also tried a second PSU). I have rebooted the device several times.
    If I plug a monitor into the Pi it shows all the usual status lines during boot (many marked "OK"). The last line being "raspberrypi login:"
    I can ping the raspberry pi OK.
    Has anyone any ideas what may be wrong or any diagnostics I can run?
    Thanks,
    Julian

If it updated to 19.2 the wrong way and was configured for dvbt with Malcom Robb dump1090 there was a fault.

Manual steps required to rollback to 18-9 (remove, purge cache and reinstall) or switch to new dump1090

I just upgraded the fr24feed package on my RasPi from 1.0.18-9 to 1.0.19-2 and now dump1090 is missing in /usr/lib/fr24. Is this intentional?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks - I have never manually updated anything, just built it and left it running!
      Does it automatically update?
      How do I check?
      Thanks,
      Julian

Comment

Yes it does.

If it is partially running. Use the web config page

http://<theipoftheraspberrypi:8754

or

dpkg -s fr24feed | grep Version

(case sensitive)
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

THANKS!
          Yes, it was the dodgy version. New dump installed and all looks OK - it has a new radar name but that doesnt matter (not sure how to remove the old one from the My Data Sharing page but i guess that doesnt matter.)
          Thanks again,
          Julian

Comment

It shouldn't have changed name as long as you used the same details and the key recovery (dont use the activate my device page more than once)

Just email support and request the old one back and removal of new

Comment

Working...
            X