Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If fr24feed process is up (doesn't have to feed) and updated to the modern version, you can yet download diagnostics remotely via http://receiver_ip:8754/diagnostics_dump.tgz
    That might help to understand the nature of the problem.

Comment

• My autoupdate from 1.0.19-8 to 1.0.19-11 took place but then I now see this (I am using Raspbian Stretch):

pi@piaware:~ $ /usr/bin/fr24feed-status
      [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
      [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2018-01-30 10:42:18.
      [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
      [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-CYCV22.
      [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC:.
      [FAIL] Receiver: down ... failed!
      [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!

Rebooting doesn't help.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndreasWarby View Post
        My autoupdate from 1.0.19-8 to 1.0.19-11 took place but then I now see this (I am using Raspbian Stretch):

pi@piaware:~ $ /usr/bin/fr24feed-status
        [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2018-01-30 10:42:18.
        [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-CYCV22.

Rebooting doesn't help.
        Could you please post diagnostics from http://receiver_ip:8754/diagnostics_dump.tgz ?

Comment

• I have a second radar, Raspberry Pi Jessie USB dongle, working with dump1090 and no updates so far.

$ apt-cache policy fr24feed
          fr24feed:
          Installed: 1.0.18-9
          Candidate: 1.0.19-11

If I do an apt-get update && upgrade... manual operation will be necessary after the update?

Comment

• Originally posted by vinnyspb View Post
            We've finally managed to reproduce the issue which prevented original updates from 1.0.18-9 for some of the feeders.

It is fixed in version 1.0.19-11 which is currently published to beta channel in APT and I'm going to promote it to stable in a few hours.

Is there any chance that you'll stop using the updated script and move to a standard Debian installation and update method? The same question about the chmod and mkdir commands that you use in the /etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service file. Touching other packages' files isn't a good idea since, as we've seen, it breaks things.

Comment

• Originally posted by fr24-pad View Post
              Is there any chance that you'll stop using the updated script and move to a standard Debian installation and update method? The same question about the chmod and mkdir commands that you use in the /etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service file. Touching other packages' files isn't a good idea since, as we've seen, it breaks things.
              We've submitted the package to Debian repository, but it got rejected because it is not opensource. dump1090 is also not available in Debian repositories.

So at the moment unfortunately we are bound to supporting our own repository with such hacks. Also we've reduced the commands touching other software to the bare required minimum in the systemd config.

Updating is a separate story, as you know there is no auto update out-of-the-box in debian. A user has to configure various workarounds to make it working, whilst we would like to offer auto update feature for the users who don't want to make this manual work.

If you have better ideas, it is welcome and appreciated.

Comment

• Well there is already an apt-repository for fr24, which could handle dependencies and conflicts. No need for an update script.

Comment

• I understand the Debian repository issue, using a custom repository is not a problem. I was thinking more about using standard Debian dependancies to install dump1090 if required (from your repository, if necessary). For the auto-updates, you could use deb-config to configure your package and ask users if they want to use the standard Debian package "unattended-upgrades" which will install available updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                    FINGERS CROSSED
                    Created a custom install with ver 1.0.18-9.
                    Waiting for auto-uppdate to ver 1.0.19-8.
                    Fingers Crossed

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                    Even after waiting for 36 hrs, automatic update did not take place.
                    Realized that I have installed fr24feed 1.0.18-9 by getting .deb package directly from repo.feed.flightradar24.com using wget command, and the apt keys are not installed. As a result "apt-cache policy fr24feed" showed both Installed and candidate as 1.0.18-9. Even runnig "sudo apt-get update" and then checking again gave same result.

I now installed gpg keys as follows (had to switch to user root to get it done)
                    Now showing "Candidate 1.0.19-11".
                    Expecting auto-update within next 24 hrs.

SUCCESS - Auto-update from ver 1.0.18-9 to 1.0.19-11 took place today sometimes early morning

Code:
                    apt-cache policy fr24feed
                    fr24feed:
                      Installed: 1.0.19-11
                      Candidate: 1.0.19-11
                    FR24 Status - Auto Updated to 1.0.19-11.png FR24 Settings - Auto Updated to 1.0.19-11.png FR24 Map - Auto Updated to 1.0.19-11.png FR24 Graphs - Auto Updated to 1.0.19-11.png

OBSERVATIONS
                    1. All seems OK.
                    2. Instead of "Save" and "Restart" buttons, the Settings page had this note:
                    "Config file is open in read-only mode and cannot be modified from within the application."

Solved the problem by following command
                    Code:
                    sudo chmod a+rw /etc/fr24feed.ini
                    sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
                    3. Checked file fr24feed.service, seems OK
                    Code:
                    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service
                    [Unit]
                    Description=Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
                    After=network-online.target

[Service]
                    Type=simple
                    Restart=always
                    LimitCORE=infinity
                    ExecStartPre=-/usr/lib/fr24/install_dump1090.sh
                    ExecStartPre=-/usr/lib/fr24/unregister_kernel_modules.sh
                    ExecStartPre=-/bin/mkdir -p /run/dump1090-mutability /var/log/fr24feed /run/fr24feed /var/log/lighttpd
                    ExecStartPre=-/bin/touch /dev/shm/decoder.txt
                    ExecStartPre=-/bin/chown -R fr24:fr24 /var/log/fr24feed /run/fr24feed /dev/shm/decoder.txt
                    ExecStartPre=-/bin/chmod a+rwx /run/dump1090-mutability
                    ExecStart=/usr/bin/fr24feed
                    User=fr24
                    Group=fr24
                    PermissionsStartOnly=true
                    StandardOutput=null

[Install]
                    WantedBy=multi-user.target

4. checked status of feeders

Code:
                    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ fr24feed-status
                    [ [COLOR="#00BB00"]ok[/COLOR] ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                    [ [COLOR="#00BB00"]ok[/COLOR] ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2018-01-30 15:25:56.
                    [ [COLOR="#00BB00"]ok[/COLOR] ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                    [ [COLOR="#00BB00"]ok[/COLOR] ] FR24 Radar: T-CYYZ9.
                    [ [COLOR="#00BB00"]ok[/COLOR] ] FR24 Tracked AC: 72.
                    [ [COLOR="#00BB00"]ok[/COLOR] ] Receiver: connected (3048994 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                    [ [COLOR="#00BB00"]ok[/COLOR] ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                    [ [COLOR="#00BB00"]ok[/COLOR] ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 74.
                    Code:
                    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl status piaware -l
                    ● piaware.service - FlightAware ADS-B uploader
                       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/piaware.service; enabled)
                       Active: [COLOR="#00BB00"]active (running)[/COLOR] since Tue 2018-01-30 01:33:02 EST; 8h ago
                    Jan 30 10:23:40 raspberrypi piaware[614]: mlat-client(5085): Server status:   synchronized with 104 nearby receivers
                    Jan 30 10:23:40 raspberrypi piaware[614]: mlat-client(5085): Receiver:  309.4 msg/s received       93.0 msg/s processed (30%)
                    Jan 30 10:23:40 raspberrypi piaware[614]: mlat-client(5085): Server:      0.5 kB/s from server    0.0kB/s TCP to server     1.3kB/s UDP to server
                    Jan 30 10:23:40 raspberrypi piaware[614]: mlat-client(5085): Results:  252.3 positions/minute
                    Jan 30 10:23:40 raspberrypi piaware[614]: mlat-client(5085): Aircraft: 23 of 64 Mode S, 15 of 17 ADS-B used
                    Jan 30 10:24:07 raspberrypi piaware[614]: 52533 msgs recv'd from dump1090-mutabi (1083 in last 5m); 51168 msgs sent to FlightAware

Code:
                    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl status rbfeeder -l
                    ● rbfeeder.service - RBFeeder Service
                       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/rbfeeder.service; enabled)
                       Active: [COLOR="#00BB00"]active (running)[/COLOR] since Tue 2018-01-30 01:33:02 EST; 8h ago
                    Jan 30 10:29:34 raspberrypi rbfeeder[617]: [2018-01-30 10:29:34]
                    Jan 30 10:30:05 raspberrypi rbfeeder[617]: [2018-01-30 10:30:05]  ******** Statistics updated every 30 seconds ********
                    Jan 30 10:30:05 raspberrypi rbfeeder[617]: [2018-01-30 10:30:05]  Packets sent in the last 30 seconds: 1158, Total packets sent since startup: 606303
                    Code:
                    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl status pfclient -l
                    ● pfclient.service - LSB: planefinder.net ads-b decoder
                       Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/pfclient)
                       Active: [COLOR="#00BB00"]active (running)[/COLOR] since Tue 2018-01-30 01:33:02 EST; 9h ago
                    Jan 30 01:33:02 raspberrypi pfclient[624]: Starting pfclient: pfclient.
                    Jan 30 01:33:02 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: planefinder.net ads-b decoder.

2018-01-30 15:32:29.580288 [-] Successfully sent 611 aircraft updates across 10 packets (28.00KB)
                    2018-01-30 15:34:14.888678 [-] Successfully sent 630 aircraft updates across 10 packets (30.00KB)
                    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-01-30, 15:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by vinnyspb View Post
                      If fr24feed process is up (doesn't have to feed) and updated to the modern version, you can yet download diagnostics remotely via http://receiver_ip:8754/diagnostics_dump.tgz
                      That might help to understand the nature of the problem.
                      Wow! It contains lot of info

FR24 diagnostic-dump.png

Comment

• After updating from version 19-6 to version 19-11, fr24 on my second RPI (3-B) stopped working.

Code:
                        pi@raspberrypi:~ $ fr24feed-status
                        [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp:.
                        [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-URKK19.
                        I tried almost all the tips from this thread, but nothing helped.

A week of endless problems, after many months of stable work

Comment

• Hi,

I not posted before as I'm left with only a minor bug on my Pi, all is OK (FR24 feeded, lighttpd showing planes without AJAX error) except the local web page is now showing 'unknown version' instead of 'v1.14'. In short it's an mutabillity 1.14 install followed by FR24 feeder install and several personal things installed too.

I noticed by pure accident that my FR24 feeding was down on Sat 20 and couldn't get it working. So thinking of a SDcard corruption I hurried to setup a new card, upgrading OS to Stretch, and my things (PHP 5 to 7, mysql to mariadb).
                          Order of install was OS, RTL-SDR drivers, librtlsdr0, mutability v1.14 with lighttpd, PHP7.0, MariaDB, phpMyAdmin, eZ Server Monitor (mainly scripts), temp captor & clean shutdown button with scripts. Then copied my modified files under /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html. Finally installed dirmngr and FR24 feeder.

Was happy FR24 was receiving data. Went to bed, but on Sunday morning I discovered that feeding was ok but I was getting that AJAX error on local website. So I prepared another SD card, but was testing each step. I finally found it was ok until I installed FR24 feeder. It's only after several days I went on forum to discover where it came from. I applied '~ $ sudo chown -R dump1090:nogroup /run/dump1090-mutability' and the AJAX error went away. I can't be 100% sure the 'v1.14' was displayed at that time but I'm sure 'v1.14' was shown a few days after. But after a few other days I noticed it switched to 'unknown version'. This is the only issue I have but I looked at the tgz diag file.

All seems ok except 2 things:

fr24feed_update.log:
                          /usr/lib/fr24/fr24feed_updater.sh: line 8: /dev/mmcblk0p2: Permission denied
                          Get:1 archive.raspberrypi.org/debian stretch InRelease [25.3 kB]
                          Hit:2 repo.feed.flightradar24.com flightradar24 InRelease
                          Get:3 mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian stretch InRelease [15.0 kB]
                          Get:4 archive.raspberrypi.org/debian stretch/ui armhf Packages [28.0 kB]
                          Get:5 mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian stretch/main armhf Packages [11.7 MB]
                          Fetched 11.7 MB in 3min 6s (62.8 kB/s)
                          Reading package lists...
                          Installed version: 1.0.19-11
                          Latest available: 1.0.19-11
                          Latest version is already installed
                          mount: / is busy

gcore_log.txt:
                          gcore: failed to create fr24feed.core.8708

permissions seems ok:
                          -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 55720 Nov 10 2016 /bin/ping
                          -rw-r--r-- 1 fr24 fr24 1307 Jan 31 10:27 /dev/shm/decoder.txt

/run/dump1090-mutability:
                          total 4620
                          drwxrwxrwx 2 dump1090 nogroup 2480 Jan 31 10:27 .
                          drwxr-xr-x 31 root root 960 Jan 31 10:02 ..
                          -rw-r--r-- 1 dump1090 nogroup 40690 Jan 31 10:27 aircraft.json

dump1090_version.txt is ok:
                          | dump1090 ModeS Receiver dump1090-mutability v1.14 |

Dunno if someone has an idea? Btw I'm not very good at Linux, just know basics commands but don't know it works 'internally'.

Another question, is there a way to do a full install with FR24 feeder installed and configured BUT without transferring data to FR24. A kind of test mode allowing to fully check a config without sending crap to FR24 servers. I have a spare dongle but even indoor I can track a few planes. I'm waiting another Pi I ordered.

Comment

• Why do the developers of this package insist on making "ping" a setuid-executable. What happens when someone discovers a bug in ping and you have set it to run as root. Do you really want to be responsible for exposing your users to this kind of security problem?

Why do you add a user to the system "useradd -r -U fr24 || true" without testing to see if it is already present.

You make /etc/fr24feed.ini world-writeable "chmod a+w /etc/fr24feed.ini". Seriously?

I know I'm hammering on you guys, but this is unforgivable. You have a business that uses volunteers as your infrastructure and this is the way you treat their machines.

Installing "/etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules" in order to " # allow non-root user to access DVB-T hardware" - This does not need to be done as part of the fr24 package. If I'm not mistaken, this is handled by the standard debian package librtlsdr0 which installs /lib/udev/rules.d/60-librtlsdr0.rules.

/etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service is still performing updates at start time, touching and changing permissions to other packages' files.

A new addition "/usr/lib/fr24/unregister_kernel_modules.sh" - Unloading modules with no testing to see what is present or what is running. Sounds like a bad idea.

Please reach out if you want some help doing this correctly.

Comment

• LAST NIGHT

Fresh install of Pi24 image
                              1. Downloaded latest PI24 image v 1.0.18-9
                              2. Formatted microSD card and burned the downloaded Pi24 image
                              3. Added in file /etc/fr24feed.ini
                                receiver="dvbt"
                                fr24key="xxxx"
                                procargs="--net"
                              4. Restarted fr24feed
                              5. Checked ip-of-pi:8754 and ip-of-pi:8080, all OK
                              6. Installed Flightaware data feeder. Edited file /etc/fr24feed.ini and added --net-bi-port 30104 to procargs so it became:
                                procargs="--net --net-bi-port 30104"
                              7. Installed data feeders Planefinder and Radarbox24

Checked all was running OK. Checked again after an hour, all was OK.

TODAY MORNING

CHECKED: FOUND FAILED AFTER AUTO-UPGRADE (from ver 1.0.18-9 to ver 1.0.19-11)
                              • ip-of-pi:8754 >> Unable to load this page
                              • ip-of-pi:8080 >> Unable to load this page
                              • ip-of-pi/dump1090/gmap.html >> Unable to load this page
                              • Code:
                                fr24feed-status
                                [[COLOR="#FF0000"]FAIL[/COLOR]] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process ... failed!
                              • Code:
                                apt-cache policy fr24feed
                                fr24feed:
                                  Installed: 1.0.19-11
                                  Candidate: 1.0.19-12
                              • Code:
                                sudo systemctl status dump1090-mutability -l
                                ● dump1090-mutability.service
                                   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
                                   Active: inactive (dead)

REMEDIAL ACTION: SUCCESS
                              • Code:
                                cd /usr/lib/fr24
                                sudo ./install_dump1090.sh
                                You don't seem to have any dump1090 installed. On the fr24feed start it will automatically install dump1090-mutability.
                                Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/fr24feed.service to /etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service.
                                Setting up dump1090-mutability (1.14) ...
                                Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u6) ...
                                Enabling dump1090: ok
                                Run /etc/init.d/lighttpd force-reload to enable changes
                                dump1090-mutability is installed. You can always override it in /etc/fr24feed.ini with any other supported driver.
                                Web server (aircraft map) at http://YOUR_DEVICE_IP/dump1090 is enabled by default.
                              • Code:
                                sudo reboot
                              • Checked ip-of-pi:8754 all OK
                              • Checked ip-of-pi/dump1090/ >> Unable to load page
                              • Checked ip-of-pi:8080, Map showing airplanes & ver 1.14
                              • Checked status of Flightaware, Planefinder, and Radarbox24 feeders, all OK

FR24 Status - auto upgrade of Pi24 to ver 1.0.19-11.png FR24 Settings - auto upgrade of Pi24 to ver 1.0.19-11.png FR24 Map - auto upgrade of Pi24 to ver 1.0.19-11.png FR24 Map dump1090 - auto upgrade of Pi24 to ver 1.0.19-11.png

Comment

• Now that 1.0.19-12 is out, I will repeat last night's test (i.e. again format microSD card, burn Pi24 image ver 1.0.18-9, make setting receiver="dvbt" like last night, and install data feeders of Flightaware, Planefinder, and Radarbox24).

Will leave it running over-night.
                                The auto-update takes place sometimes early morning everyday. By morning tomorrow hopefully it will be auto-updated to latest version.
                                Will check again tomorrow to see if in ver 1.0.9-12, the problem of missed out installation of dump1090-mutability is fixed or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X