Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 Image and VRS

Good evening,

After running FR24 for a few years along with other software. I decided to just feed FR24 and therefore, installed the new image for my Pi.

However, whilst I have that working perfectly and feeding. I am unable to use VRS (Virtual Radar Server) and was wondering if there was a listening port I needed to insert into Putty or if there was a specific data port I needed to put into my VRS. I have tried several data ports after the Pi's IP address but unable to receive anything.

Any ideas would be appreciated - Thank you!
    T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
    Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
    Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Did you try ip-of-pi:30003 ?

Comment

Yes, I tried 30001, 30002, 30003, 30004, 30005, 30006.
      T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
      Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

I don't believe the pre built image has many smarts like --net enabled... (Or usable)

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks Oblivian. The FR24 image is of no use to me then, I'll revert back the my old SD Card, which has a listening port built into the Flightaware software.

I just wanted to use FR24 only and stop using Flightaware but I need my VRS to work, back I go.
          T-EGBB16

Comment

That's an assumption on others reports. You may have luck enabling the additional commands into the appropriate fields on web config..

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

If you go to page ip-of-pi:8754/settings.html, you will find many ports for output. Change these from NO to YES, and try these one by one.

Also in the field "Process arguments", add --net.

Please see screenshot of settings page below.

NOTE: You must click Save and then Restart buttons after you have made changes. Both buttons are at bottom right of settings page.

Last edited by abcd567; 2017-12-13, 22:32.

Comment

Thanks abcd567
                T-EGBB16

Comment

List of Process Arguments (dump1090-mr)
                  --device-index <index> Select RTL device (default: 0)
                  --gain <db> Set gain (default: max gain. Use -10 for auto-gain)
                  --enable-agc Enable the Automatic Gain Control (default: off)
                  --freq <hz> Set frequency (default: 1090 Mhz)
                  --ifile <filename> Read data from file (use '-' for stdin)
                  --interactive Interactive mode refreshing data on screen
                  --interactive-rows <num> Max number of rows in interactive mode (default: 15)
                  --interactive-ttl <sec> Remove from list if idle for <sec> (default: 60)
                  --interactive-rtl1090 Display flight table in RTL1090 format
                  --raw Show only messages hex values
                  --net Enable networking
                  --modeac Enable decoding of SSR Modes 3/A & 3/C
                  --net-beast TCP raw output in Beast binary format
                  --net-only Enable just networking, no RTL device or file used
                  --net-bind-address <ip> IP address to bind to (default: Any; Use 127.0.0.1 for private)
                  --net-http-port <port> HTTP server port (default: 8080)
                  --net-ri-port <port> TCP raw input listen port (default: 30001)
                  --net-ro-port <port> TCP raw output listen port (default: 30002)
                  --net-sbs-port <port> TCP BaseStation output listen port (default: 30003)
                  --net-bi-port <port> TCP Beast input listen port (default: 30004)
                  --net-bo-port <port> TCP Beast output listen port (default: 30005)
                  --net-ro-size <size> TCP raw output minimum size (default: 0)
                  --net-ro-rate <rate> TCP raw output memory flush rate (default: 0)
                  --net-heartbeat <rate> TCP heartbeat rate in seconds (default: 60 sec; 0 to disable)
                  --net-buffer <n> TCP buffer size 64Kb * (2^n) (default: n=0, 64Kb)
                  --lat <latitude> Reference/receiver latitude for surface posn (opt)
                  --lon <longitude> Reference/receiver longitude for surface posn (opt)
                  --fix Enable single-bits error correction using CRC
                  --no-fix Disable single-bits error correction using CRC
                  --no-crc-check Disable messages with broken CRC (discouraged)
                  --phase-enhance Enable phase enhancement
                  --aggressive More CPU for more messages (two bits fixes, ...)
                  --mlat display raw messages in Beast ascii mode
                  --stats With --ifile print stats at exit. No other output
                  --stats-every <seconds> Show and reset stats every <seconds> seconds
                  --onlyaddr Show only ICAO addresses (testing purposes)
                  --metric Use metric units (meters, km/h, ...)
                  --snip <level> Strip IQ file removing samples < level
                  --debug <flags> Debug mode (verbose), see README for details
                  --quiet Disable output to stdout. Use for daemon applications
                  --ppm <error> Set receiver error in parts per million (default 0)
                  --help Show this help
                  Debug mode flags: d = Log frames decoded with errors
                  D = Log frames decoded with zero errors
                  c = Log frames with bad CRC
                  C = Log frames with good CRC
                  p = Log frames with bad preamble
                  n = Log network debugging info
                  j = Log frames to frames.js, loadable by debug.html
                  Last edited by abcd567; 2017-12-14, 00:39.

Comment

Apologies for delay abcd567 - sleep and work interrupted our messages (how dare they haha)

The --net worked for data port 30005 and I can see my localhost:8080 and through VRS.

I've actually used --net before but placed it within my SD Card but as I've ran the SD Card for over 2years without any disconnect or reboot, I forgot about that process argument.

Now I can just feed FR24 from my Pi and relinquish feeding FA and maybe add a couple of other arguments.

Again, many thanks for your help ABCD567 ;-)
                    T-EGBB16

Comment

If you want to see "List of Process Arguments (dump1090-mr)", you can see it directly on ssh console (Like PuTTY on Windows, or terminal of MAC / Linux).
                      Just issue following command

Code:
                      cd /usr/lib/fr24/
                      ./dump1090 --help

#OR

/usr/lib/fr24/./dump1090 --help

Comment

Thanks mate,

Just another quick question - On the Process Argument line within IP:8754/settings.html. Can you only put one command in at one time or can you have several within there?

I ask because I want to reduce my gain down from MAX to 43db - at that is the best gain I was receiving to get the extra few miles.

So, at present, my Process Argument line shows: --net --gain 43

Is that acceptable?

Thanks
                        T-EGBB16

Comment

Originally posted by Responder View Post
                          Just another quick question - On the Process Argument line within IP:8754/settings.html. Can you only put one command in at one time or can you have several within there?
                          I ask because I want to reduce my gain down from MAX to 43db - at that is the best gain I was receiving to get the extra few miles.
                          So, at present, my Process Argument line shows: --net --gain 43
                          Is that acceptable?
                          Yes, you can put multiple arguments on page ip-of-pi:8754/settings.html

See below screenshots showing how I have set Process Arguments:

SCREENSHOT 1 of 2
                          NOTE: Even though the argument "--net-bi-port 30104" is added, the FA MLAT Feed back does NOT show on map. I have added this argument just to stop Flightaware's Piaware status/log continuously showing "MLAT Feedback Connection to port 30104 failed". It was very irritating to see status/log as it will have one entry for messages sent to FA followed by two dozen entries for connection to port 30104 failed, and this will keep on repeating continously. After adding this argument, Piaware log became normal.

SCREENSHOT 2 of 2
                          NOTE-1: The map is now on ip-of-pi:8888 instead of default ip-of-pi:8080
                          NOTE-2: The Site Circles are not on your map, but my map has them
                          Go here to add these: Tweak - Add Site Circles to Map

Comment

That is great info, especially with the 8888 suffix for the map. Also, as I only have FR24 on my SD Card now, I don't need to add the FA arguments. I am seeing MLAT data within VRS anyway, as I've disconnected my feed to FA :-)
                            Last edited by Responder; 2017-12-14, 22:07. Reason: Changed contents of message
                            T-EGBB16

Comment

Originally posted by Responder View Post
                              That is great info, especially with the 8888 suffix for the map.
                              Actually once you add Argument --net, the map becomes available on ip-of-pi:8080 without adding any other argument.

The argument --net-http-port xxxx is needed only if you want NOT to use port 8080 for map, but want port xxxx for map. I have used port 8888, but it can be any number for example 7654 or 5678 etc etc.

By the way, did you see the thread "Tweak - Add Site Cirles to Map"?

Comment

Working...
                              X