Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

View 1-year's flights over specified area filtered by altitude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View 1-year's flights over specified area filtered by altitude?

Can FR24 show me all the flights over a 1-year period that occurred over a specified area (a 160 acre public park) at or below a specified altitude?

Mitch
    San Bruno CA, USA (near San Francisco)

Hi Mitch,

If you have a Gold Premium subscription (365 days playback available) you can use the global playback feature to view flights over a particular map area. To access the global playback select the clock like symbol on the right hand side of the page, select a date and time and then press play. You can also add a filter for altitude, which should enable you to visually see the information you're after. I hope this helps, if you've got any questions feel free to email our support team at support@fr24.com

Cheers,
    Gaelan
    Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

After reading more about the system, I realized that many aircraft are not currently tracked, and so the available data are not adequate to address my question. Sometime in the future when the systems tracks all aircraft it would be useful to me. However, even then it would not be practical to sit and watch the screen for 365 days to record the aircraft below 1000-ft that pass over an area of interest (a public park). Instead this would require programming with access to the raw data, and I'm not a programmer.

Based on my personal observation, I would say that there are no more than a few aircraft per day that overfly this park at less than 1000-ft, but hard data is really needed. You might consider this as an advanced feature to build into the system. You could set it up to ask how many aircraft fly within a specified distance of a point, rather than over the irregular shape of a park, and then have it show the flight tracks taken, and allow download of data for those flights. I am probably not the only one who would use this function.

Mitch

Comment

Hi Mitch,

Sorry that our data doesn't full match your required needs, and if you haven't already, I'd recommend checking out the below blog post which details how we collect our data in greater detail:

✈ Take a closer look at From Plane to Screen—How Raw Data Becomes Flightradar24, learn more about flight tracking and get the latest aviation news with Flightradar24.

With regards to your second point, we actually offer Commercial data services (https://www.flightradar24.com/business/data-services) that would meet this requirement. These services go above and beyond what's available via our regular subscriptions. If you're interested in this I'd recommend reaching out to our team

I hope this information is helpful.

Cheers,
        Gaelan
        Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Working...
        X