Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas to begin 787 domestic flights on November 1

Sorry, I'm a tad late with this one;

Qantas’s first Boeing 787-9 will begin commercial passenger service on Wednesday on the Melbourne-Perth route.

The aircraft, VH-ZNA Great Southern Land, will operate QF481, which is scheduled to depart Melbourne at 1750 and arrive in Perth at 1830 local time.

Qantas said on Wednesday VH-ZNA would receive an Airservices Aviation Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) monitor cross at Melbourne Tullamarine prior to departure.

Further, residents of Perth would be able to get a closer look at the next generation widebody when, subject to weather and air traffic control, the flight conducts a low flyover over the city at about 2,000 feet prior to landing.

After an overnight stop in Perth, VH-ZNA will operate QF762 back to Melbourne, which is due to depart at 0800 and land at 1425.

While the 787-9 has been earmarked to start Melbourne-Los Angeles flights from December and Melbourne-Perth-London flights from March 2018, there will be a six-week period where the aircraft is used on domestic services.

YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

G'day Gregg

VH-ZNA also operated the QFA775/772 rotation today. This link is to the return flight (QFA772)

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

I notice that the FR24 QFA10 flight recording always starts(on my machine!) in the Indian ocean, close to Australia and not for the full flight, albeit, that some portions require an estimation due to the lack of radar coverage. Is this correct or is it my machine not set up correctly?

Talking about setup, is there a way to increase the actual playback window size? Mine looks like 1/3 of the top part of the screen is only used.

Comment

Originally posted by POR911 View Post
        I notice that the FR24 QFA10 flight recording always starts(on my machine!) in the Indian ocean, close to Australia and not for the full flight, albeit, that some portions require an estimation due to the lack of radar coverage. Is this correct or is it my machine not set up correctly?

Talking about setup, is there a way to increase the actual playback window size? Mine looks like 1/3 of the top part of the screen is only used.
        No issues here with tracking from take off out to the limits of ground based coverage. Thereafter its estimated unless in the coverage area of the Maldives.

Comment

Working...
        X