Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry PI installation made too easy with extra feature.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No not function..If I setup to this number, is it the same..same as 2.7 or 2,7 or 0 gain, or -20 gain..
    Not function in setup...this is on max mode only I thing

Comment

are you running the image from the first post of this thread?

can you show the output of (redact the line with the fr24key):

cat /etc/fr24feed.ini

also the output of the following commands:

grep -i gain /etc/default/dump1090-mutability

pgrep -fa dump1090
      Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-02-26, 23:14.

Comment

Hello,
        thank you very much. Now it's ok..
        The gain I must setup in menu fr24 and in dump1090 from "max". to my choice.
        But the gain must be from the list, not -10dBi, or 10..
        This is supported list of gains
        Supported gain values (29): 0.0 0.9 1.4 2.7 3.7 7.7 8.7 12.5 14.4 15.7 16.6 19.7 20.7 22.9 25.4 28.0 29.7 32.8 33.8 36.4 37.2 38.6 40.2 42.1 43.4 43.9 44.5 48.0 49.6
        sudo nano /etc/default/dump1090-mutability
        setup all you need
        press ctrl+x to exit and save Y
        sudo service dump1090-mutability restart

pgrep -fa dump1090
        This sudo will help me, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Winap View Post
          Hello,
          thank you very much. Now it's ok..
          The gain I must setup in menu fr24 and in dump1090 from "max". to my choice.
          But the gain must be from the list, not -10dBi, or 10..
          This is supported list of gains
          Supported gain values (29): 0.0 0.9 1.4 2.7 3.7 7.7 8.7 12.5 14.4 15.7 16.6 19.7 20.7 22.9 25.4 28.0 29.7 32.8 33.8 36.4 37.2 38.6 40.2 42.1 43.4 43.9 44.5 48.0 49.6
          sudo nano /etc/default/dump1090-mutability
          setup all you need
          press ctrl+x to exit and save Y
          sudo service dump1090-mutability restart

pgrep -fa dump1090
          This sudo will help me, thanks.
          That is why I gave you the command for --gain 2.7, because you said 2.7 and that is valid
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Yea
            Today I try to 14.4dBi....I must do some few tests on different gain..I don't know, weather or what..Today is 14.4 good..but more not..the max. is really bad for RTL with active preamp.
            really thanks for your help..
            have a nice day

Comment

Hello again,
              I have a question, how many receivers is needed for coverage area around 350nm..
              Is it only 4? For MLAT coverage..?
              Or more plane=more receivers?
              Because my country isn't so big, so we have around 189 receivers..Isn't so much?
              Thank you very much for the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                @anydanow1

Are you loging to Pi using a Monitor connected to RPi by a HDMI cable, and a keyboard plugged into USB port of RPi?

Sorry....I missed this question. Yes, I have a monitor via HDMI and keyboard via USB connected to my Pi.

Comment

Hello,
                  how often do you change micro SD card? How lifetime the uSD is? I have 16GB.. Because I read something about lifetime and cycles in Rpi..
                  Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by Winap View Post
                    Hello,
                    how often do you change micro SD card? How lifetime the uSD is? I have 16GB.. Because I read something about lifetime and cycles in Rpi..
                    Thanks..
                    I personally don't know anything about this....but searching the forums/web would probably turn up some good general guidelines that would help you.

Comment

• Don't worry about it, i think the problem was mainly with the first RPi generation or the micro sd-cards available at the time.

You shouldn't have to change it at all and if it quits on you it'll likely not be related to how much was written to it.
                      But they are cheap and you could always transfer the contents to a new sd-card every 3 years or so?
                      Might be statistically useful when you don't want to have to react to a failure.
                      (Or make a copy of the sd-card and keep the second one around so you can switch in case of a failure)

Comment

• Yes, but I don't know, how often is using SD card for writing..Because I don't want to look every week, if I'm online and pi is ok. Some people make virtual cache into RAM..But I don't know, if its good.
                        If will be for 3-4 years, than is ok. How long are you seeding without problems, please?
                        Thank you

Comment

• If you have a normal setup there won't be many writes to the sd-card.

If failures occur they will likely be unrelated to writing to the sd-card.

(For example the circuitry of the sd-card might fail not related to the actual process of saving data if that makes sense)

As i said don't worry about it, it's unlikely anything will break.

Comment

• Ok many thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Winap View Post
                              If will be for 3-4 years, than is ok. How long are you seeding without problems, please?
                              I am feeding from RPi since beginning of 2015, i.e. 4 years, 24/7 continously, and the original 8 Gb, Class10 microSD card is still surviving & healthy. Further, I dont feed only fr24. I feed all the following sites from same RPi / microSD card:
                              • FlightRadar24
                              • FlightAware
                              • Planefinder
                              • RadarBox24
                              • Open Sky Network
                              • Adsbexchange

Comment

• abcd567
                                So if I have FlightRadar img. its not problem feed other sites? Or I must delete it, install Linux, install FlightRadar, FlightAware..?

Comment

Working...
                                X