Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry PI installation made too easy with extra feature.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry PI installation made too easy with extra feature.

Hi, I wanted to make a simple Image to make the raspberry pi user hassle free installation. Here i have uploaded a Rasbian Lite Image with the feature. This ISO will work on Raspberry PI 2/3. Its assume to completed whole process within 30 minutes only.

1> Raspbian jessie lite image with SSH enabled.
    2> Dump1090-Mutability1.15 installed with openstreet map
    3> Receiver performance in web & graph
    4> Flightradar24 client ready

Just download the 570mb file then extract with 7z software, it will came out as a 2GB file. Write this file with win32diskimager soft.

After wring the image to SD, put it into your raspberry PI along with RTL dongle & power it up. Connect the LAN port to your local net, then find the IP raspberry PI got. In my case, i got 192.168.1.105

You don't need to connect any display , open putty soft & ssh on the IP. User name is "pi" password is "raspberry" Now you have to do some basic configuration to match disk size, timezone etc. This image having User name, password, time zone is in default config.

type sudo -i to login as root.

Type sudo raspi-config then go to localization to change to your local time advance option to resize partition to maximum size available.

then run sudo apt-get update && apt-get upgrade to update your OS.

You may ask to run sudo apt-get autoremove to remove some unused package like " itcl3 libtcl8.6 tcl tcl-tls tcl8.6 tcllib tclx8.4". Please don't run this command if you willing to install piaware later. There are piaware support package.

Here in my test device, ip is 192.168.1.105. So my dump1090 map link is. You should put your own IP accordingly.

http://192.168.1.105/dump1090/gmap.html

Dump1090 Map.jpg

You will find my location(23.0000, 90.0000) with 150, 300, 450km circle. So you need to change to your la-lon according to your location with this command
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability

Now go
    http://192.168.1.105/install

to complete link performance & graph. Then you will ask username password, email address to complete this portal. Here you need adjust your timezone, distance unit(imperial/Metric) also. I did the config as Metric to show the distance in kilometer.

Graphs.jpg

http://192.168.1.105/graphs.php
    to check the if the graphs load properly. It may took some time to load it completely.

Graphs-2.png

Go to

for further edit on graphs. here you will ask your user password to login.

The web tool, performance, graph tool credit goes to Joe Prochazka.
    https://github.com/jprochazka/adsb-receiver

Now go to for FR24 config

I have put a dummy key, so you will find key error. If you already have a key, just click settings then put it & save it. If you dont have a key, please mail to support@fr24.com with your lat-lon they will provide a key with radar name. Here i have used my T-VGHS14 key to demonstrate.

From your FR24 status page, please change to your Lat-Lon as shown in this image link

FR24 Finish.jpg

Now go to

you will find this page. If you already have a PF key, you just put your lat-lon along with key, in next page, 127.0.0.1 & port 30005. Thus Pfclient finishes. Here i used my old key to demonstrate. You can make new key or use old key with lat-lon

PFClient.jpg

If you want to install piaware on it. follow this page. As most of the support package already installed, your piaware will be install in very short time than usual.

Setup PiAware to directly feed live ADS-B data to FlightAware via a Raspberry Pi running dump1090. Step-by-step instructions along with a link to your statistics and how to register for a free FlightAware Enterprise account.

After install, click the link with account log in
    Best Flight Tracker: Live Tracking Maps, Flight Status, and Airport Delays for airline flights, private/GA flights, and airports.

If you want to install radarbox24 client then use this command
    sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://apt.rb24.com/inst_rbfeeder.sh)"
    As like piaware, you need to claim the key with your account login, you will ask to put your location name/lat-lon to complete
    If you have a previous RB24 key, you just change the key editing this file. In case of using old key, you dont need to claim again.
    sudo nano /etc/rbfeeder.ini

If you want to install Adsbexchange.com client you need to put this
    git clone https://github.com/jprochazka/adsb-exchange.git
    cd adsb-exchange
    chmod +x setup.sh
    sudo ./setup.sh
    cd ..
    Last edited by zahidulhasan; 2017-12-05, 13:52. Reason: Make the process easier

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
      Thank you sir, This post inspired by you. Please have a test with this image & give us feedback.

Comment

Hi Zahidulhasan

Downloaded image, wrote on microSD card, and booted.
        Dump1090-mutability, Web Portal/Graphs, and Planefinder data feeder works good if instructions are followed.

However following requires instructions to be corrected:

1) Image Writing Problem:
        The downloaded file is in 7zip format. The instruction says to write it using Win32DiskImager with file type *.* . The Win32DiskImager does write the .7z file and shows write completed successfully, but when the microSD card is inserted into Pi and powered up, Pi does not boot. Checked microSD Card on "Minitools Partition Wizard", found nothing is written on microSD card, no partitions and no formatting, only "Uanallocated Space". Tried twice, same result.

After I unzipped the file using 7zip, an extension-less file was created. I then had to manually add .img at the end of file name.
        After all this I wrote .img file to microSD card, slipped in Pi, and powered up. Now the Pi booted normally.

2) FR24 Feeder Configuration Problem:
        The FR24 feeder does not connect to FR24 server even after entering & saving the sharing key on <ip of pi>:8754/settings.html . Reason is missing Latitude & Longitude information in FR24 feeder software. The settings.html page does NOT have entry fields for latitude and longitude parameters. Only after I run following command and provided all necessary data including email, sharing key, Latitude, Longitude, height of antenna etc, it connected to FR24 server and started uploading data.
        Code:
        sudo fr24feed --signup
        sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
        BEFORE RUNNING THE COMMAND sudo fr24feed --signup
        zahidul-fr24-1.png

AFTER RUNNING THE COMMAND sudo fr24feed --signup
        zahidul-fr24-2.png

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
          Hi Zahidulhasan

Downloaded image, wrote on microSD card, and booted.
          Dump1090-mutability, Web Portal/Graphs, and Planefinder data feeder works good if instructions are followed.

However following requires instructions to be corrected:

1) Image Writing Problem:
          The downloaded file is in 7zip format. The instruction says to write it using Win32DiskImager with file type *.* . The Win32DiskImager does write the .7z file and shows write completed successfully, but when the microSD card is inserted into Pi and powered up, Pi does not boot. Checked microSD Card on "Minitools Partition Wizard", found nothing is written on microSD card, no partitions and no formatting, only "Uanallocated Space". Tried twice, same result.

After I unzipped the file using 7zip, an extension-less file was created. I then had to manually add .img at the end of file name.
          After all this I wrote .img file to microSD card, slipped in Pi, and powered up. Now the Pi booted normally.

2) FR24 Feeder Configuration Problem:
          The FR24 feeder does not connect to FR24 server even after entering & saving the sharing key on <ip of pi>:8754/settings.html . Reason is missing Latitude & Longitude information in FR24 feeder software. The settings.html page does NOT have entry fields for latitude and longitude parameters. Only after I run following command and provided all necessary data including email, sharing key, Latitude, Longitude, height of antenna etc, it connected to FR24 server and started uploading data.
          Code:
          sudo fr24feed --signup
          sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
          BEFORE RUNNING THE COMMAND sudo fr24feed --signup
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8926[/ATTACH]

AFTER RUNNING THE COMMAND sudo fr24feed --signup
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8927[/ATTACH]

Dear Sir, thank you for your test. I am feeling honored.

I have wrote that .7z file need to be extract first. As it is come as a unknown file after extract, its need to burn as unknown file size(*.*). You burn with .ISO ext, that's also ok. I think i should edit the post to go with rename the file

For FR24 lat-lon change issue, FR24 status page, you can change it. I have tried this change, it worked perfectly.

Lat-lon change.jpg

Can you try this feature ?

Thanks & regards,
          Zahidul Hasan.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Zahidul and abcd567

I'm a total novice with Raspberry Pi and Raspian but I've got to start somewhere. I once had an IT tutor who said the best way to debug things was to have someone who doesn't know or understand the process to follow the instructions. I'll report back on how I go.

Cheers - Peter

ylis

Comment

Originally posted by ylis View Post
              Hi Zahidul and abcd567

I'm a total novice with Raspberry Pi and Raspian but I've got to start somewhere. I once had an IT tutor who said the best way to debug things was to have someone who doesn't know or understand the process to follow the instructions. I'll report back on how I go.

Cheers - Peter
              Dear Peter, Thanks for your comment. For the image upload restriction in this forum, i couldn't describe all. You may find better help here.

Any question or any difficulties, ask here or there.

Zahid.

Comment

Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
                Dear Sir, thank you for your test. I am feeling honored.

I have wrote that .7z file need to be extract first. As it is come as a unknown file after extract, its need to burn as unknown file size(*.*). You burn with .ISO ext, that's also ok. I think i should edit the post to go with rename the file

For FR24 lat-lon change issue, FR24 status page, you can change it. I have tried this change, it worked perfectly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8929[/ATTACH]

Can you try this feature ?

Thanks & regards,
                Zahidul Hasan.
                Dear Sir,

I have update the post to go with rename process. Thanks again.

Zahid.

Comment

Thank you for this gem. Installed with this and been working fine so far!

Comment

Originally posted by optic View Post
                    Thank you for this gem. Installed with this and been working fine so far!
                    Thank you so much for your appreciation. Please share the blog/forum in your community via FB/TW if you think it will help others also.

Zahid.

Comment

Hi Zahid

I still have your install still running 'locally' without any issues and not feeding any site with this particular RPi. I see on most maps posted to this Forum that they two clocks show UTC and Local time. Mine shows UTC and Last update time. I'm guessing I've missed ticking a box somewhere or missed a step during configuration. Can you or abcd567 help point me in the right direction?

Peter

ylis

Comment

Originally posted by ylis View Post
                        Hi Zahid

I still have your install still running 'locally' without any issues and not feeding any site with this particular RPi. I see on most maps posted to this Forum that they two clocks show UTC and Local time. Mine shows UTC and Last update time. I'm guessing I've missed ticking a box somewhere or missed a step during configuration. Can you or abcd567 help point me in the right direction?

Peter
                        Hi Peter,

Plz find the process to change "Last Update" to "Local time". This is our boss abcd sir blog. which helped me a lot in the primary stage.

Comment

Thanks Zahid

and the guru Sir abcd567 for his work and blog posts. All working fine. Just had to clear the browser cache for the changes to appear.

Peter

ylis

Comment

Thank you Zahid I’ve learnt a lot thanks to your post. I’m quite a beginner and didn’t know I can feed more than only FR24 with my RPi. Happy to support more communities indeed. Kind regards and keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From this post I noted the following websites who can listen to the RPi:
                              The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Best Flight Tracker: Live Tracking Maps, Flight Status, and Airport Delays for airline flights, private/GA flights, and airports.

Real-time flight tracking with one of the best and most accurate ADS-B coverage worldwide. Check airport arrivals and departures status and aircraft history.

Join the Official ADS-B Exchange Discord Server What is ADSBx? The world’s largest community of unfiltered ADS-B/Mode S/MLAT feeders, providing enthusiasts, researchers, and journalists access to the globe’s most extensive flight data for unprecedented flight monitoring. Elevate The Exchange Enhance the quality of our ADS-B Data by contributing to the community. Ways to Join The Read More ...

Are there more?
                              I mean since I am receiving, I'm happy to share with everyone around

Comment

Working...
                              X