Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry PI installation made too easy with extra feature.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasWarby View Post
    Hi there,

I use the OpenADSB iOS app fairly frequently, and like it very much. For the "local" Track Source, I use http:/ myRPiHostName.local/dump1090/ as the Base URL.

Best,
    Andreas
    Thanks I was over thinking and didnít realise it was as easy as putting in myRPiHostName.local/dump1090/ to the source :-) it didnít need the http as it then added it to the url

Really like the way the app allows that and can switch between multiple sources ie adsb-exchange or my own pi :-)

Iím not sure if I feed adsb-exchange at present will look at back at the 1st post and consider adding the package :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passenger
    I have another one of those dumb questions ! It looks to me like the range rings are set to 25km and therefore the settings are km and not miles as I want. I have looked and changed every config.js file i can find on the Pi but nothing changes. I have also tried to change the colour of the rings but they also never change. I have edited all these files and have also tried changing the clock just in case I'm missing something. Any help appreciated.

/usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js
    /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/config.js
    /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/orig-html/config.js
    /root/adsb-receiver/build/portal/html/dump978/config.js
    /root/adsb-receiver/build/dump1090-mutability/dump1090/public_html/config.js
    /root/adsb-receiver/build/dump1090-mutability/dump1090/debian/dump1090-mutability/usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/config.js
    /var/www/html/dump978/config.js

hoppo1

(1) Open file config.js for editing:
    Code:
    sudo nano /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/config.js
    (2) In the file opened, scroll down till you see the following line:

Metric=“false;”

(3) Remove the quotes " " around false;
    Removing quotes " " will make it like below:

Metric=false;

(4) Save file (Ctrl+o) and close it (Ctrl+x)

(5) Open map in browser, clear browser cache (Ctrl+Shift+Delete) then reload browser.

Range Circles diameters will now be in nautical miles.

Passenger
    Thanks for the reply, I have already amended that. The issue is no matter what I set in that particular file is not reflected on the dump1090 page. I have even deleted that file and the site still loads ok.

I have edited every single config.js I can find but it does not change. Its like its getting its config elsewhere but i cannot find it.

/usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js
    /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/config.js
    /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/orig-html/config.js
    /root/adsb-receiver/build/portal/html/dump978/config.js
    /root/adsb-receiver/build/dump1090-mutability/dump1090/public_html/config.js
    /root/adsb-receiver/build/dump1090-mutability/dump1090/debian/dump1090-mutability/usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/config.js
    /var/www/html/dump978/config.js

hoppo1

This may be due to browser.

Browsers use saved old files in their cache, instead of downloading the files from source everytime. As a result whatever editing you do to config.js, wont show.

(1) Clear browser cache (press Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys togather) and Reload (press Ctrl+F5 keys togather)

(2) Some browsers are stubborn, and dont delete all cached file even when cache is cleared. If clearing cache dont solve the problem, use another browser, for example if you are using Firefox, try Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-09-07 at 11:44.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    hoppo1

This may be due to browser.

Browsers use saved old files in their cache, instead of downloading the files from source everytime. As a result whatever editing you do to config.js, wont show.

(1) Clear browser cache (press Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys togather) and Reload (press Ctrl+F5 keys togather)

(2) Some browsers are stubborn, and dont delete all cached file even when cache is cleared. If clearing cache dont solve the problem, use another browser, for example if you are using Firefox, try Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
    Ahhh I feel daft now. That was the issue... Once cleared it all started working.

Passenger
    What did do wrong ?

I extract the BIN File to the Micro SD Card but i just git a 20 MB Partition with some OS Files and a Empty 2nd Partition with 1.4 GB
    And of course nothing is working on my Rasberry.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Damianiw View Post
    Thanks I was over thinking and didnít realise it was as easy as putting in myRPiHostName.local/dump1090/ to the source :-) it didnít need the http as it then added it to the url

Really like the way the app allows that and can switch between multiple sources ie adsb-exchange or my own pi :-)

Iím not sure if I feed adsb-exchange at present will look at back at the 1st post and consider adding the package :-)

Hi dump1090 has stopped working returning an Ajax error, planefinder and fr24 are still feeding and local plane finder map is working Iím going to try an apt-get update anyone seen similar ?

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by vielflieger View Post
    What did do wrong ?

I extract the BIN File to the Micro SD Card but i just git a 20 MB Partition with some OS Files and a Empty 2nd Partition with 1.4 GB
    And of course nothing is working on my Rasberry.
    You need to write the image to the sd-card with a tool like Win32DiskImager or Etcher if you're on a windows pc.

Passenger

Raspberry PI installation made too easy with extra feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Damianiw View Post
    Hi dump1090 has stopped working returning an Ajax error, planefinder and fr24 are still feeding and local plane finder map is working Iím going to try an apt-get update anyone seen similar ?

Hi Iím still not able to resolve this error, flight aware and itís map is running as is flight radar so I think I need to look into dump1090

I noted the ipv6 issues and made the amendments recommended but still the same could anyone help point me in the right direction - I documented the steps I took to install so will work back through them