Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incomplete airport routes?

Hello,

I am having a weird issue while using the 'routes' feature on fr24.

I was recently looking for some flights between Vietnam and India. As far as I know, there is 1 flight between SGN & DEL. I am now hearing conflicting reports of a flight from GAY (Gaya Aiport, very very small airport) to HAN. This was information for me. This flight is Jetstar Pacific BL-105 / BL-104.

So, from the airport - routes view from GAY shows the route to HAN

flightradar24 /data/airports/gay/routes - BL-104

From the airport - routes view from HAN shows only 1 place in India - Del

flightradar24 /data/airports/han/routes . The flight BL-105 to GAY is not mentioned.

Similarly,

I look at my home aiport COK, and I see that there are regular flights between MED (Medinah & COK, Hajj special flights??? ) , So from the airports - routes view from COK, I cannot find MED in the routes screen.

flightradar24 /data/airports/cok/routes

But, if I select MED, I can find flights to COK

flightradar24 /data/airports/med/routes

This as you can see is very confusing for me. Can you guys, please let me know why this is happening, or how to find accurate data?
    Attached Files

Maybe this will help...

Why is the route information incorrect?
    The route is not transmitted from the aircraft. We are receiving the callsign of the flight from the aircraft and comparing it with large databases of airline and airport schedules to find the matching flight number. Once the callsign is matched to a flight number, we are able to show the route of the flight. A few reasons why a route may be incorrect:

Changed flight plans
    Wrong or old callsign typed into the transponder
    Error in some of the schedule databases
    Long flight delay, which makes the schedule data match against wrong flight

Why don't you show routes for all flights?
    The route is not transmitted from the aircraft. We are receiving the callsign of the flight from the aircraft and comparing it with large databases of airline and airport schedules to find the matching flight number. Once the callsign is matched to a flight number, we are able to show the route of the flight. Routes may be missing if an airline has not submitted a flight schedule or we have failed to make a match for some reason, for example due to incorrect callsign or a severely delayed flight. Many delivery, positioning and charter flights may be missing route information as this data is often missing in the databases that we use. We are working continuously to acquire as much route data as possible.

For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Thank you, Amper. I understand that the route information is not transmitted by the aircraft and that it needs to be populated with flight numbers. I guessed as much. My question is, when you see that there is a route from point A to point B, can it simply be cross referenced to check to see if Point B to Point A is in the database or not? If you look at the airport and the aircraft and its respective unique destinations, it can easily tell us that the route information is wrong. If you look at the total number of unique airports that is serviced from the departure aircraft table and match that count to the number of airports serviced from the routes section, you could see that it is not the same. Can this simple check and match up be done?

Comment

I noticed some strange thing today. A flight also didn't show its destination - which according to the cited FAQ makes sense. Especially since that airline (Sundair) is only in operation since late summer. But the destination airport showed the arrival of that flight, so the flightdata should be somewhere in the database. Why doesn't the system add things up?

Screenshot (19).pngScreenshot (20).pngScreenshot (21).png
        T-EDLP28 / Paderborn / Germany

Comment

Is there anywhere/anyone we can email to have route information updated?

Comment

Working...
          X