Radar Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar Amp

Hi, looking to buy an ADSB Amp for my SbS 1er which is better ?

ELAD A12-1090 + BT12

KAL RADAR AMP

Jo.

I have had the Elad for nearly 4 years and it's fine. But I haven't tried anything else either.

I found I got approx 10-15% more contacts using the preamp but it will depend on other factors such as location of antenna, local obstacles, coax run length etc.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

here is my coverage map with and without amp.

also with amp see aircraft down to 250ft compared to 750ft as they land into alc.
      Attached Files

Comment

Robin - As Anmer suggests, coverage is probably more dependent upon a good, high and unobstructed antenna, Mine is located eight metres above ground level and from my location, 300 feet asl, I can see a good 360 degrees, with ranges of up to 140 miles without any additional amplifier, just using top grade, low loss coaxial feeder, which is essential. My coaxial feeder is fifteen metres in length and in one piece without inter-connection, except for the BNC adapter at my SBS-1 receiver (EGHQ). Works a treat! I bet there's more sunshine in your location than here in Cornwall!

Comment

I dont disagree but I also have considerable improvement on the same high gain ant, mounted on high pole of 50nm or so (and more) in some directions.

Comment

Working...
          X