Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clicking on Flight number or Airline registration no longer brings up past flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking on Flight number or Airline registration no longer brings up past flights?

Just a quick query about the title above.
    Great website but stripping away functionality like the ability to click on the airline registration or flight number and get the flight history does kinda suck. Now you have to click the recent flights which most of the time displays the flights of the plane you last viewed and if you want to view more flights, it opens it on the same tab.
    May I please ask why the decision was taken to strip the functionality from the website?
    Thanks

When you said airline registration, I think you meant aircraft registration instead. It's not as new (it has a couple of months) as when you click on the airport pin "issue" that everyone is discussing in the other thread. Though not related, I didn't like that change either.
    Last edited by Windsurfmaniac; 2017-08-31, 22:17. Reason: clarity

Comment

Can you show an example? It works fine when I'm logged in and logged out.

Example:
      The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

I see 7 days of history there and the playback links I've checked are working for me.

Comment

Possibly related
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hey. It's just FR24 stripping out functionality and starting to make things awkward.

Clicking on the flight number or Aircraft registration used to be able to give you the flight history. Now they've removed it for some bizarre reason.
          If it's not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_LoL View Post
            Hey. It's just FR24 stripping out functionality and starting to make things awkward.

Clicking on the flight number or Aircraft registration used to be able to give you the flight history. Now they've removed it for some bizarre reason.
            If it's not broke don't fix it.
            You can still click on the flight number, it's just that nothing happens....

Seems when they made this change they only managed half the job.

With the lack of communication to moderators regarding these changes it's all very confusing.

Regards,
            Gregg
            Last edited by fungus; 2017-09-01, 00:38.
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Hi All,

First of all thanks for your all your comments and feedback regarding our recent changes, please note that we are reading them and taking everything on-board.

As I'm sure you are all aware on Wednesday we released an updated version of our website. In this release the decision was to remove the automatic re-direct to flight history when selecting flight number and to add this functionality elsewhere. Unfortunately the "added" functionality didn't quite make the release and hence the view you're currently seeing. We are working hard on releasing the next version of the website with this functionality and minor bug fixes. We hope to do this early next week and appreciate your patience!

Please feel free to leave any additional comments or feedback in response to my post. Additionally, you're more than welcome to send us your feedback at support@fr24.com

Kind regards,
              Gaelan
              Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Working...
              X