Display Bug since today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Bug since today

When I open FR24 on a desktop pc and click on an airport pin only it opens a very small information on the left side (where normally the aircraft info is). On a mobile user it makes sense, but not on a desktop (tested with three different PCs and Browsers). I also noticed that when I have an aircraft selected and click on one of the airports (doesn't matter if origin or destination) the map jumps to that airport and opens the small information bar on the left. This is very funny if you want to check an intercontinental flight.

Displays are 4K and FullHD. It would nice to see that the bugs will be resolved soon
    Regards,
    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

I don't think this is a bug. It is just a different way of displaying information - all websites do it from time to time. As far as I can quickly see all the data is still there.

Comment

Actually, this new view apparently eliminates any special livery information, and I for one am not a fan of the new view.

Comment

I also noticed this retrograde step with the Web Site. Previously the ARV/DEP/ON Ground info was displayed in an easy to read style, with all relevant info grouped together in a decent sized font. When looking for aircraft registrations of interest, they were displayed with the flight info and it merely required Paging down for further info.

With this change, Mobile Style, the info is squished down the left side of the screen in a small font. To obtain Registration info it is necessary to click on LIVE for every possible flight of interest. The Registration is then displayed in an even smaller font. It requires multiple clicking to scan for the info that used to be easily readable. Your system will see a much increased access rate as a result.

Please, please revert to the previous style.

Comment

Hi,
          +1, this new presentation is very "not practical" and not ergonomic
          please return to the precedent views !

Comment

I don't use FR24 on mobile devices as a rule but I just had a look. While I can't see much wrong with the new format on a PC, you guys are right - it is pretty useless on a phone and needs to be redesigned for mobile use.

Comment

New Airport Information on 4K resolution (with 150% instead of 100% scale) - there is so much space and the flights are not comfortable to read.

new_f24_airport_info.jpg

But thats not all, if you want to check which aircraft is on ground or even simple things like weather you have to click a 2nd time instead one click to see all. Maybe its possible to get the airportview directly when you click on the pin (like https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/lej).
              And please remove the jump which I posted earlier
              Regards,
              T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
              Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

Right now I am using someone else's computer so I am using the free version of FR24 without bothering to log on with this computer and logoff another (but you can logon to the forums on any number of devices). I was disappointed to see that the new airports panel has been designed to perfectly accommodate two adverts and the ones I have seen so far are all related to buying airline flights. I'm perfectly OK with those who don't pay seeing ads - that's the deal.

Why am I disappointed? Most people on these forums would, like me, have a sub and never see ads. Could it be that the redesign came about to provide the screen real estate to enable targeted advertising to those people who might casually get on FR24 to check on a flight they or someone they know is taking? This group must surely outnumber subscribers by a very big margin. And by the way, the ads are much easier to read than the data!

Comment

Like airnrail, As with prior posts about font/layout/adjustments and general "Fix This!" requests I'm thinking a redesign release (which it appears to be to stop full the heavily scripted screen windows popping up which were rather slow and often didn't display correctly) that people don't agree with. Doesn't normally meet the criteria for calling it 'a bug'

Not to say they don't happen - there has been issues in the past of incorrect CSS code being applied I've discovered after people dropped examples and reported them myself once examples were shown

However - these changes look to be intentional, therefore not really what one would could classify a general.. bug.

And before people accuse me of supporting any changes or being against their views on these changes. Don't
                  - Like most new thread reports of something being broken in someones eyes, I jump on 'bug' reports on a number of platforms at disposal in attempts to confirm any issues with a technical reasoning to escalate it if I can track a reason down.

Airnrail - Ad displays different to this? (want to see how it varies between regions or screen changes - data served to us is done from different CDN hubs to spread the load)

(I only view on half browsers on my 27"screen, roughly the average page design width to leave room for side-by-side stuff)

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Bookmarks problems since 30092017. I have deleded bookmarks and clered case and made new bookmarks same problem. The filter is set with the contents from the latest made bookmark. The map part working fine. Spooky. When you click on a bookmark it start correckt but if it not the latest made bookmark and you click on a plane it load the filter from the latest made bookmark.
                    T-EKCH5: Raspberry Pi 4-B (Buster) + FlightAware Pro Stick Plus + FlightAware 1090MHz Bandpass Filter Dark Blue + A3-ADS-B Antenna

Comment

I can confirm the bug, but I have different variation of it. The icon to expand the screen and lose the left side bar no longer remembers the status. If I expand the screen then refresh the page, the page reloads with the left side bar in place again, thus needing to click the expand button every time in order to view the full screen. This is with a gold sub and a 24" screen using latest desktop Chrome with W8.1.

Why is it every single time the owners of this site make "improvements" all it does it break everything that worked fine previously and stuff that no-one had any issue with. Why can't they just leave stuff alone? I get shouted at by Mike whenever I call this stuff out but I think it's fair game when none of his "team" of many hundreds of web devs can be bothered to do any QC.

Comment

Originally posted by attigliano View Post
                        Bookmarks problems since 30092017. I have deleded bookmarks and clered case and made new bookmarks same problem. The filter is set with the contents from the latest made bookmark. The map part working fine. Spooky. When you click on a bookmark it start correckt but if it not the latest made bookmark and you click on a plane it load the filter from the latest made bookmark.
                        I'm not sure if we are discussing two different issues on this thread but I can also confirm the issue re bookmarks which Attigliano has noted.

Noticed it first last night (approx 12 hours ago) our local time and it's occurring again this morning. After testing on Firefox and Chrome I've found it is occurring on both browsers as described above. Any bookmark which includes a filter throws back to your previous view seconds after loading, irrespective of what that view is. Seems to have occurred since and perhaps as a result of this last 'upgrade.'

As a consequence I cannot bring up a bookmarked page which includes saved filters at all.

Using PC with Windows 8.1, Firefox/Chrome browsers.

As for the issue with the 'new' airport info display I find it difficult to use (or see for that matter) and the flight information section which scrolls across it on the top of the left pane is too fast to digest. In the past this came up in a separate window over the existing map but currently opens another page. Unfortunately with the present issue I've described above you don't know what map you will go back to on closing it, especially after trawling through multiple pages of airport/aircraft/flight information. Previously you only had to close it with the cross in top corner, now you need to click back and back and back and .......

It's apparent with these (seemingly) two issues one of them has difficulty remembering the previous status, the other only remembers and activates the previous status.

Regards,
                        Gregg

P.S. After some playing around I've found it's possible to set up pages with filters, they just need to be done manually and not via the 'bookmarks.'
                        Last edited by fungus; 2017-09-01, 01:04. Reason: additional info
                        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Oblivian ,I can't open your attachment in post #9 - message says "Invalid attachment consult administrator"

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                            Oblivian ,I can't open your attachment in post #9 - message says "Invalid attachment consult administrator"
                            Hrm, been removed from my attachment list too.

I see the big banner down the bottom right still, and then had 1 inline the width of the white left navbar about the height of 2 'scheduled' flight info boxes
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post

Why is it every single time the owners of this site make "improvements" all it does it break everything that worked fine previously and stuff that no-one had any issue with. Why can't they just leave stuff alone? I get shouted at by Mike whenever I call this stuff out but I think it's fair game when none of his "team" of many hundreds of web devs can be bothered to do any QC.
                              Quit complaining Tyke. We give to this place until it hurts, all the while shedding blood sweat and tears knowing full well that if and when we post an issue Mike will be there lurking in the background just busting to accuse us of all sorts of treachery. Life just can't get any better than this can it?

Regards,
                              Gregg
                              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
                              X