Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why lights aircraft with Transponder Mode S are most of time invisible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why lights aircraft with Transponder Mode S are most of time invisible ?

Hello,

I'm newbie with FR24, i'm feeding datas to FR24 from an airfield located in France with Raspberry PI.

The lights planes flying arround our airfields are all transponders Mode S equiped and they most of time fly as VFR flights with squawk code 7000

But some unknown reasons these light aircrafts flying with a ADS-B Mode S transponder active are rarely visible on FR24

When some of those planes are sometimes visible, their routes and informations are most of the time incompleted.

- Are some planes categories disabled thus not visible then they fly ?

- Is it mandatory for light planes to pair a GPS receiver to their Mode S transponder to get fully visible on FR24 ?

- What are conditions for light planes to be visible on FR24 ?

Many thanks to everyone who will provide more details about how this works.

Regards,

Originally posted by lcn View Post
    Hello,

I'm newbie with FR24, i'm feeding datas to FR24 from an airfield located in France with Raspberry PI.

The lights planes flying arround our airfields are all transponders Mode S equiped and they most of time fly as VFR flights with squawk code 7000

But some unknown reasons these light aircrafts flying with a ADS-B Mode S transponder active are rarely visible on FR24

When some of those planes are sometimes visible, their routes and informations are most of the time incompleted.

- Are some planes categories disabled thus not visible then they fly ?

- Is it mandatory for light planes to pair a GPS receiver to their Mode S transponder to get fully visible on FR24 ?

- What are conditions for light planes to be visible on FR24 ?

Many thanks to everyone who will provide more details about how this works.

Regards,
    You have answered your question with the Mode-S and GPS bit.

It needs Mode-S Enhanced (Full ADSB) unit with an attached GPS to tell FR24 the location to display.

Those with no GPS integration do not broadcast position and needs to be caclulated using MLAT. Which does not cover all areas and altitudes.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Information can be found on https://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works and https://www.flightradar24.com/faq

Comment

Working...
      X